• Marvel Solicitations For October 2013

Marvel have released their solictations for the month of October which include the following titles that include Alpha Flight related characters:-

ASTONISHING X-MEN #68
    MARJORIE LIU (W)
    GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    FINAL ISSUE!
    • Through thick and thin, from marriage to apocalypse, the X-Men have always stood together as a family.
    • Is there anything in this world – or any other – that could break them up?
    • It all ends here as Marjorie Liu bids a fond farewell to the Astonishing team!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

UNCANNY X-FORCE #12-13
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W)
    TBA (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    ISSUE #12 – X-MEN 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT Also available
    • Spotlight on Spiral!
    • With the rest of the Uncanny X-Force in Madripoor, Spiral has devoted herself to finding new mutant Ginny.
    • But is the cult Ginny belongs to more than meets the eye?
    • Even six arms might not be enough to juggle all this trouble!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/PARENTAL ADVISORY…$3.99 (EACH)

UNCANNY X-FORCE VOL. 2: AND THEN THERE WERE THREE TPB
    Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
    Penciled by RAMON PEREZ & DEXTER SOY
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    The Fantomex Love Pentagram explodes! With the truth about their sordid past fully revealed, can Fantomex, Psylocke and Cluster look each other in the eye? Now we know what Psylocke did last summer, and it’s a doozy! But every psychic ninja needs a vicious animal with no impulse control and a short temper to back her up, right? The skies of Madripoor run red as the Uncanny X-Force faces off against Fantomex…Fantomex…and Fantomex! Newly reunited, the team must cope with the fallout of their recent decisions. Bishop provides more information about the dangerous threats they face — but can he be believed, or is he only manipulating X-Force? Plus: A terrifying, surprise villain from the past is definitely playing chess (not checkers) across Los Angeles. And the secrets of the Revenants are revealed! Collecting UNCANNY X-FORCE (2013) #7-12.
    136 PGS./Parental Advisory …$17.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6740-2

MARVEL FIRSTS: THE 1980S VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by HOWARD CHAYKIN, DENNY O’NEIL, BILL MANTLO, TOM DEFALCO, BRUCE JONES, STEVEN GRANT, MARK GRUENWALD, BOB LAYTON, CHRIS CLAREMONT, JO DUFFY, JOHN BYRNE, JIM OWSLEY & LOUISE SIMONSON
    Penciled by HOWARD CHAYKIN, STEVE DITKO, JOHN ROMITA JR., GIL KANE, BOB LAYTON, FRANK MILLER, RICK LEONARDI, BOB MCLEOD, BRET BLEVINS, JOHN BYRNE, MARK GRUENWALD, PAUL SMITH, JOHN BUSCEMA, GEORGE FREEMAN & JUNE BRIGMAN
    Cover by VARIOUS
    Roll up your jacket sleeves, and dust off your Rubik’s Cube as Marvel heads back to the eighties! From Alpha Flight to Zabu, heroes old and new grab the spotlight in their own titles in this first classic collection of the decade’s most dazzling debuts! All your favorites are here — including Dominic Fortune, Captain Universe and the New Mutants — plus Marvel’s first “event” miniseries! Collecting material from HULK (1978 ) #21, MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1979) #9, DAZZLER #1, material from KA-ZAR THE SAVAGE #11, MARVEL SUPER HERO CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #1, HERCULES (1982) #1, WOLVERINE (1982) #1, VISION AND THE SCARLET WITCH (1982) #1, MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL #4, SAGA OF CRYSTAR: CRYSTAL WARRIOR #1, ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #1, HAWKEYE (1983) #1, CLOAK AND DAGGER (1983) #1, FALCON #1, MAGIK (1983) #1, JACK OF HEARTS #1 and POWER PACK (1984) #1.
    472 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8545-1

Final Order Cut-Off 9/16/13, On-Sale 10/9/13
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #68
    UNCANNY X-FORCE #12

Final order cut-off 10/7/13, on sale 10/30/13
    UNCANNY X-FORCE #13
    Comments 30 Comments
      -K-M- -
      Well as predicted Astonishing X-Men is done.
      rplass -
      Hey Northstar on Astonishing cover, Puck on the Uncanny X-Force Cover and the ENTIRE TEAM on the 80s tbp cover - look in the upper left corner! Not bad at all! also you can see Sasquatch on the Contest of Champions cover in the very lower left.

Too bad about the Astonishing cancellation though.
      Le Messor -
      Yay to the Marvel Firsts reprint!

... but Phil, maybe you should edit to put a space in Hulk (1978 )...

~ Le Messor
      "L'esprit de l'escalier - when you think of something funny to say when you're walking down the stairs (when it's too late)"
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      maybe you should edit to put a space in Hulk (1978 )...
      Fixed. Man, that was really bothering me too!!!

alphaflight.net automatically puts the happy face in otherwise if you have 8 and then close parenthesis:

8 )
      Le Messor -
      Yep, that's how I knew it was 78!
      (This isn't the only place where that happens, either.)

~ LM
      "Let me see what happens when you roll your face on the keyboard."
      Phil -
      Yeah, in threads you can set it so it doesn't do that, but not in articles... to be fair I just copied and pasted and didn't read anything other than Alpha Flight so missed it.
      Le Messor -
      That's fair. Like I say, I've seen it before, and always know what happened.
      Phil -
      http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...ticleID=137702

• Uncanny X-Force #12 (AUG130852, $3.99) will now have interior art by Adrian Alphona.
      Phil -
      http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...ticleID=138575

Marvel Firsts TP Vol. 1: 1980s (AUG130894D) will be $39.99, not $34.99.
      Le Messor -
      Ah! They get you interested, then they jack up the price!
      Phil -
      Uncanny X-Force #12 Variant:
      Attachment 3227
      rplass -
      Gee that looks like the previous team. Is this part of a flashback variant month?
      Flightpath07 -
      Flashback? That makes it an Alpha Flight appearance, doesn't it?
      Phil -
      No, it's another piece of the X-Men 50th Anniversary poster.
      rplass -
      Oh. I didn't know there was a poster. Could you post an image of the final poster?
      Phil -
      It hasn't been finished yet, like the Avengers one.
      Phil -
      This is a crudely photoshopped work-in-progress; the pieces don't fit exactly as I've had to adjust sizes of images, and I'm not sure where the two pieces at the right hand side will fit yet.

Beware, it's pretty big:

Attachment 3228
      Le Messor -
      That's all coming together pretty well, Phil. What's with the two covers without titles & stuff?
      I notice the two Wolverine titles don't have Wolverine on the cover.

~ Le Messor
      "Life is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends."
      Phil -
      They were just tradedress-less previews so I used them so less of the artwork was obscured.
      The Generation X team is All-New X-Men #6, the Wolverine & The X-Men team is All-New X-Men #7.
      And obviously from this thread, the Uncanny X-Force team is Uncanny X-Force (2) #12.
      Phil -
      Looking at the finished versions with the logos there are slight changes, so I can see the #7 one goes above the #6 one so will fix that tonight.