• Flashback Fridays - July 5th 2013

Welcome to another edition of Flashback Fridays, the column where we take a trip back in time through the chart-topping highs and murky depths of Alpha-lore. Without further ado here's this week's panel(s)...

Plot/Dialogue - Fabian Nicieza, Pencils - June Brigman, Inks - Danny Bulandi, Colours - Bob Sharen, Letters - Chris Eliopoulos

From September 1991's Alpha Flight #100 it's Weapon Alpha Vindicator Guardian Vindicator taking down Galactus!

I know, I know; it's slightly cheating as Galactus was weakened and without certain powers and Mac was enhanced by the Quwirilin at the time, but it still shows Mac to be a formidable force to be reckoned with and shows one of what I consider to be one of the major underlying themes throughout the title: The love between James & Heather Hudson and the lengths the couple would go to to save/protect the other.

If you've got a panel/page of an Alpha Appearance you'd like featured in a future edition of Flashback Fridays PM or e-mail me with either a .jpg or title/issue/page/panel number of your choice. You don't have to give a reason and you can remain anonymous if you wish.

Comments 5 Comments
      rplass -
      I think it's spelled Q'wrrln.

Nice choice of panels though. Yeah, the Mac/ Heather thing, who else has that? I can think of Sue and Reed, any other really long term relationships/marriages in the Marvel Universe?
      Alphan East -
      Nice choice... good artwork in that issue.
      Still think that Mac and Heather were the best couple in comics. Better than Reed and Sue, better than Hank and Janet Pym. Well, at least until heather lost a toe... still hoping someone comes along and resolves that story thread.
      Flightpath07 -
      still hoping someone comes along and resolves that story thread.
      Seeing their history, that SO belongs in a Wolverine solo series.
      Le Messor -
      Yeah, I think Rob is right.

Mac takes down Galactus! Not since Puck's famous battle with the world-devourer have our guys faced such odds!

~ Le Messor
      "Let him that would move the world, first move himself."
      ~ Socrates
      -K-M- -
      Even against a weakened Galactus, Mac in one shot die more then the combined force of Sersi, Vision, Windshear, Her, Quasar, Hercules, Box V4, Vindicator II. He and Vindciator were the only ones later that could power up Galactus tech, not even Quasar could. That's beastly