• RUMOR: Astonishing X-Men To Be Rebooted?

Bleeding Cool have reported the rumour that Astonishing X-Men, the title featuring Northstar which famously included his wedding to Kyle, is to be cancelled and followed with a new Volume & #1.

If this turns out to be true, there's no guarantee Northstar will remain with the team and relaunched title(although given his profile it's likely) which could pave the way for a return to Alpha Flight... Or just the character's return to comic-limbo.

It is all speculation at this point though, but does go along with previous thoughts...
    Comments 19 Comments
      -K-M- -
      Yeah I could see that happening to be honest. Sales have been slipping and pretty much all the other X-Books have been rebooted.
      Chris -
      Please relaunch Astonishing with Northstar again and add Madison Jeffries. Jeffries has been in comic-limbo since AvX ended.
      Phil -
      Jeffries needs to be somewhere but I don't think Astonishing is the right place for him.
      Maybe the relaunched X-Factor...
      Sypes -
      If you were the one charged for the relaunched and you have seven spots to fill, who would be part of your team (realisticly of course, aka Wolverine will likely always be part of any and all x-men team!)?
      Phil -
      With a realistic use of who's not being used in the X-Verse right now, rather than a skewed personal/AF bias?

Cannonball
      Cecilia Reyes
      Chamber
      Frenzy
      Gambit

but I imagine that'd sell poorly.
      Flightpath07 -
      I'd go with

Magik
      Nightcrawler (back from the dead)
      Wolverine
      Deadpool
      Longshot
      Flatman
      and Lightspeed

I don't know why.

Do I need a reason? Hopefully not; I rarely USE reason, let alone have any.
      Chris -
      My team with skewed personal/AF bias

Wolverine
      Northstar
      Madison Jeffries
      Magma
      Mimic
      Polaris
      Banshee (Sean Cassidy who just came back from the dead)
      Mokole -
      Maybe the reboot is the AI storyline?
      Phil -
      Doubtful. I don't think it'll be connected to anything, but if it is, it'll probably tie in to the fallout from Battle Of The Atom.
      Le Messor -
      Do we have any reason to believe it'll be rebooted, other than it's up to 6 issues already, and according to comics companies that's too many to keep track of, we must reset so people can keep it straight?

Out of curiosity, what volume is it, btw? There was an AoA mini-, then the Joss Whedon version... is the current run a third or still the second? (I'm pretty sure it's the third.)

~ Le Messor
      "Reboot: to repeatedly kick a computer until it starts working again."
      ~ Rogue's thesaurus of computing terms
      Phil -
      Astonishing X-Men, not Uncanny X-Force mate.

Astonishing is up to #68 at least. And it's the third title to take the name, still a continuation of the Whedon run.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Astonishing X-Men, not Uncanny X-Force mate.
      Yep! I knew that... I used 6 issues because I had no clue what it was up to, so I exaggerated.
      It's part of the Whedon-begun series, but also v3? What am I missing?

~ Le Messor
      "Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage."
      GingrBeard -
      When I saw Avengers A.I. I thought it was Jeffries and for a second I was super excited. Then I found out that it wasn't him. He needs to come back! On that note, Northstar needs to remain in the spotlight.
      Phil -
      Yeah, I could have seen Jeffries & Danger in the team. I guess they're not Avengery enough though
      GingrBeard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yeah, I could have seen Jeffries & Danger in the team. I guess they're not Avengery enough though
      Apparently a Doombot is ._.
      Le Messor -
      Thanks, Phil... it was that second that I didn't know about, I think.

~ Le Messor
      "Lend money to a bad debtor and he will hate you."
      Phil -
      If this is to be rebooted chances are we'll find out at today's X-Men Panel, 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. PDT.

A live-blog can be found at http://marvel.com/news/story/20846/s...veblog_central if you want to follow. I'll try and get any news straight up.