• Marvel Solicitations For September 2013

Marvel have released their solicitations for the month of September 2013 which include the following titles that should feature Alpha Flight related characters:-
    UNCANNY X-FORCE #11
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • RAMON PEREZ (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    X-men 50th Anniversary Variant by TBD ARTIST
    • Newly reunited, the members of Uncanny X-Force must cope with the fallout of their recent decisions.
    • Bishop gives the team more information about the dangerous threats they face – but can he be believed? Or is he only manipulating X-Force?
    • Plus: the secret of the Revenants revealed!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by JOHN BYRNE, MARK GRUENWALD & ROGER STERN
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, MARK BRIGHT, JERRY ORDWAY & RON WILSON
    Covers by JOHN BYRNE
    Superstar John Byrne’s legendary run concludes with one of the most innovative periods in Fantastic Four history! The sensational She-Hulk replaces the Thing, Sue Richards becomes the Invisible Woman, and Mr. Fantastic is tried for crimes against the universe! Also featuring the return of Dr. Doom, the fate of Reed and Sue’s unborn child, the resurrection of Jean Grey, and more — as the FF confront deadly foes including the Mole Man, Dr. Octopus, Terminus, the Beyonder, Mephisto, Psycho-Man and Annihilus! Plus: the unfinished “Last Galactus Story,” reprinted for the first time! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #261-295 and ANNUAL #18-19, ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #4, THING (1983) #10 and #19, and AVENGERS ANNUAL #14; and material from SECRET WARS II #2, EPIC ILLUSTRATED #26-34, WHAT IF? (1977) #36, WHAT THE-?! #2 and #10, THING (1983) #7, FANTASTIC FOUR ROAST, and FANTASTIC FOUR SPECIAL EDITION #1.
    1224 PGS./Rated T …$125
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8543-7
    Trim size: oversized
    FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC VARIANT (DM ONLY)
    1224 PGS./Rated T …$125
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8570-3

There's also the possibility that Northstar will appear in:

ASTONISHING X-MEN #67
    MARJORIE LIU (W)
    TBA (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    • Wolverine and Gambit – on the road – in a stolen Lamborghini...
    ...With an alien stuffed in the teeny tiny trunk – and more aliens tailing them.
    • What could possibly go wrong?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

although the solicitation suggests he won't be...
    Comments 21 Comments
      rplass -
      There's another Alpha Flight related item that I'll be looking in the Sep 2013 solicits, the:

YOUNG MARVEL: LITTLE X-MEN, LITTLE AVENGERS, BIG TROUBLE TPB
      ......Collecting A-BABIES VS. X-BABIES #1, WOLVERINE ( 1988 ) #102.5, PINT-SIZED X-BABIES: MURDERAMA and X-BABIES REBORN.

That Wolverine 102.5 issue is damn hard to find and it would be nice to get it in TPB form. Oh, Alpha Flight's in that issue. Also in the ABvXB#1.
      Mokole -
      Hope they use Puck more in UXF. Not sure focusing on Bishop will help in the long run.
      Phil -
      Yeah, but the title's not called Puck & X-Force so we can't expect him to dominate the book.
      He's had as much page-time as Storm, Spiral & Cluster so I'm fairly happy with how he's been treated so far.
      He's had mentions in the last two months worth of solicits, albeit light-hearted ones.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      YOUNG MARVEL: LITTLE X-MEN, LITTLE AVENGERS, BIG TROUBLE TPB
      ......Collecting A-BABIES VS. X-BABIES #1, WOLVERINE ( 1988 ) #102.5, PINT-SIZED X-BABIES: MURDERAMA and X-BABIES REBORN.
      Sounds amusing, and I have considered looking for that Wolvie issue.

~ Le Messor
      "Laugh at your problems; everybody else does."
      rplass -
      Item Code: MAR138356
      In Shops: 9/25/2013
      SRP: $183.92

Phil -
      That's the retailer code for a case of 8 in case anyone is confused by the price.
      Chris -
      I never knew there was a Wolverine 102.5 till now. Sounds like a FM radio station. Which Alphans are in that issue?
      Le Messor -
      It's the team, I think... there was a trading card series that had a comic printed on the back. This issue reprints that comic. ~ Le Messor "Wolverine 102.5, playing all the classics! Snikt, Bub!"
      Phil -
      It has WarWolves impersonating Guardian & Sasquatch.
      Le Messor -
      Just those two? And, I knew WarWolves were involved.
      Wait... don't they impersonate people by ripping their skins off and wearing them?

~ Le Messor
      "Leave me alone, I'm having a crisis"
      Phil -
      Christos Gage has said on Twitter that Pink Pearl appears in his Beast/Wonder-Man story in September's A+X #12.

Solicit:
      A+X #12
      CHRISTOS GAGE & JUSTIN JORDAN (w)
      DAVID WILLIAMS & MIKE DEODATO (a)
      Cover by MIKE DEODATO
      • BEAST AND WONDER MAN TOGETHER AGAIN!
      • CAPTAIN AMERICA meets his match in… JUBILEE?
      32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Attachment 3169
      Le Messor -
      Ah, but will she have two arms? That's what we all want to know!

~ Le Messor
      "Let's just be friends and make no special effort to ever see each other again."
      Phil -
      She did in Secret Avengers #2.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      She did in Secret Avengers #2.
      Okay, thanks!
      Somehow I totally missed that one.
      (Or, possibly, forgot it?)
      Phil -
      JUL130687 UNCANNY X-FORCE #11 X-MEN 50TH ANNIV LAROCCA VAR PI 11-Sep-13
      So I imagine it'll be the (original) X-Treme team on the cover for this Variant.
      Phil -
      And as I guessed; Uncanny X-Force #11 Variant:
      Attachment 3209
      Phil -
      New regular cover for Uncanny X-Force #11:
      Attachment 3210

With the above, previously advertised cover moving to #12, the Spiral standalone issue with art by Adrian Alphona.
      Phil -
      Right, apparently A+X #12 (& a few other books) didn't make it to the UK this week, so I'll be relying on you folk to tell me how much Pink Pearl is in it!
      Just remember spoilers!
      rplass -
      S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

Yup, Pink Pearl in a single panel cameo, in a wrestling ring, of course.