• Uncanny X-Force #4 Variant Revealed

Marvel have revealed the Giuseppe Camuncoli Variant to Uncanny X-Force #4, which features Puck front and centre!
    The solicitation for the issue is as follows:

UNCANNY X-FORCE #4
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • RON GARNEY (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    • The first arc comes to a crazy climactic end!
    • What have Fantomex and Cluster been up to while Bishop has been killing the rest of X-Force?
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Please note, the shipping date of this issue has changed from April 24th to May 8th
    Comments 21 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Good to see Puck front and centre!

~ Le Messor
      "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."
      ~ Groucho Marx
      Alphan East -
      Really impressed with how they are using Puck in this series. When I first heard he would be in this book, I was fearing he'd be used just for comic relief or, worse yet, a sidekick to the more popular X-men.
      He's coming across as quite a valuable member of the team and also getting respect from his team-mates... I like it.
      Mokole -
      Yes, good stuff.
      rplass -
      Wow that's great! Very impressive illustration
      Phil -
      Yeah, he's definitely come on as an artist since X-Infernus.
      Flightpath07 -
      So, i got around to purchasing issues 2 and 3 of this series, just to give it a try.

I'm neither underwhelmed nor overwhelmed by it. (Why isn't anybody ever just whelmed?)

The one thing I DIDN'T like, was Puck cursing. Methinks they are trying to hard to fit Puck into this bad@$$ box; the cursing just doesn't work for his character, IMHO.

Marvel HAS, however, hooked me into Uncanny Avengers.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      I'm neither underwhelmed nor overwhelmed by it. (Why isn't anybody ever just whelmed?)
      I think you can in Europe.

The one thing I DIDN'T like, was Puck cursing. Methinks they are trying to hard to fit Puck into this bad@$$ box; the cursing just doesn't work for his character, IMHO.
      Yeah, I'm not a fan of that, either. Him or Psylocke, who does it all the time. It strikes me as trying too hard to be tough or edgy or something, and instead is just off-putting to me. I'm not sure why; I think it's because these are characters who've never sworn on-panel before suddenly doing it every second word.
      (Both those statistics are probably exaggerated, but you know what I mean.)

~ Le Messor
      "I've never been hurt by anything I didn't say."
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yeah, he's definitely come on as an artist since X-Infernus.
      Hmm. I was a huge fan of the art on X-Infernus. I'm surprised by your assessment!
      Phil -
      It wasn't a slight against X-Infernus, but it's definitely better work as I'm sure he would say.
      Any artist strives to improve from their first work.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Any artist strives to improve from their first work.
      Not me!

I aim for a passing grade on the first try, and then slack off from there.
      Le Messor -
      I aim for a passing grade on the first try, and then slack off from there.
      ... but are you an artist? And if so, what kind?

~ Le Messor
      Faith: I've met you before, you know.
      Spike: Yeah, you made a great impression on my chin.
      Flightpath07 -
      More of an "Artiste".

I've got art in my soul, but nothin' in my hands.
      Le Messor -
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      S

"while Bishop has been killing the rest of X-Force?"

Uhh....
      -K-M- -
      Decent issue, Puck isnt in it a lot but he has by far the most badass and awesome scene in it haha
      Mokole -
      Cool. I hope Puck is being used well in his awesomeness.
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Decent issue, Puck isnt in it a lot but he has by far the most badass and awesome scene in it haha
      Totally right!! It's as if the entire reason he's been in the book so far was just for that scene. He rocked it! Nice!
      GingrBeard -
      I was wondering where Puck is in all of this and after re reading one of the issues, it turns out that he's the leader of the current X-Force. I'm surprised at the amount of... standing? attention? Puck is getting. I'm glad he wasn't killed off in some other comic.

Also, I don't know if it shows anywhere but I have been working on 3D models just for fun of Alpha Flight members. The only two I have done so far are just the heads of Puck and Guardian and they're under the fan art section. I hope you enjoy. Give any feed back/suggestions and also maybe who you'd like to see next.
      Le Messor -
      Those are pretty cool. I think Puck's eyes might need to be a little further apart, though... ?
      -K-M- -
      I have a feeling him and Psylocke are going to be an item down the road