• Avengers #10 Preview At CBR

Over at Comic Book Resources as part of the Axel-In-Charge Column there's a preview of some pages from Avengers #10 including the colored version of the page we've previously seen:

It certainly looks like Canadian heroes are death fodder once again.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Avengers #10 Preview started by -K-M- View original post
    Comments 71 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Mokole, just show me the way to the next whiskey bar - oh, don't ask why. No, don't ask why.
      For if I don't find the next whiskey bar, I tell you I must die.
      Mokole -
      Oh Le Messor, I'm happy, hope you're happy too. I've loved all I've needed to love (sordid details following).
      Phil -
      Part of me really wants to steer this thread back on track, but the other part of me doesn't...
      Mokole -
      Sorry, Dad. I never did good things, I never did bad things, I never did anything out of the blue. Want an axe to break the ice?
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Part of me really wants to steer this thread back on track, but the other part of me doesn't...
      It's off-track?!? I thought they were giving us spoilers about Avengers 10!
      Le Messor -
      Yeah, sorry Phil, but planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing I can do.
      Flightpath07 -
      Perhaps we could change the thread title to "Article: Avengers # 10 Preview At CBR (Oh baby just you shut your mouth)" ?
      Le Messor -
      Sorry, FP, I tried to catch the paperboy, but things don't really change.
      Mokole -
      If the team survives, we may see AF intervene. Though nothing will drive them away, we can beat them, just for one day.
      Le Messor -
      I'd thought AF died alone a long, long time ago - but oh no, not them. They never lost control.
      Mokole -
      AF's point of view may be, if they get involved, 'we're nothing, and nothing will help us. Maybe we're lying (then you better not stay). But we could be safer, just for one day.'
      Le Messor -
      Perhaps the strange ones in the dome can lend us an AF book. We can read alone.
      Mokole -
      If AF were to get involved, or OF be another iteration, a meeting could go all, "we like dancing and we look divine. You love bands when they're playing hard. You want more, you want it fast?"
      Phil -

You're turning into spambots now guys...
      Le Messor -
      Okay, I'll stop. :/
      Mokole -
      We're done, thanks for the fun Le Messor anyway, it was time to bow out.
      Le Messor -
      I think you won.
      -K-M- -
      S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

An ok issue and as expected, basically Omega Flight is used as fodder and killed off. Though Agent Michaud was a nice addition....
      Le Messor -
      I've now read the issue. It was... okay. At best.
      I just never got any time to care about any of the characters, and they were all in that constantly efficient, militaristic, machines-not-people mode that I find so dull. With a little 'I'm gonna dump you in battle' humour that just doesn't make up for it, to me. (All the characters in the comics, not just Omega Flight, who had about two panels of air time. I didn't even know who some of the Avengers were).

~ Le Messor
      Spike: I haven't heard any complaints. Well, I have heard a few complaints over the years, but then I just killed whoever spoke up, and that was pretty much that.
      Buffy: He's joking.
      Spike: No, I'm not.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I've now read the issue. It was... okay. At best.
      I just never got any time to care about any of the characters, and they were all in that constantly efficient, militaristic, machines-not-people mode that I find so dull. With a little 'I'm gonna dump you in battle' humour that just doesn't make up for it, to me. (All the characters in the comics, not just Omega Flight, who had about two panels of air time. I didn't even know who some of the Avengers were).

~ Le Messor
      Spike: I haven't heard any complaints. Well, I have heard a few complaints over the years, but then I just killed whoever spoke up, and that was pretty much that.
      Buffy: He's joking.
      Spike: No, I'm not.
      Even though i liked the addition of new Canadian heroes (well, I ASSUME they were Canadian; with Marvel, who knows?!?), i'd have to agree that the issue itself was flat and boring, confusing even. For somebody like me, who had not read the previous 9 issues, basically nothing in this issue made sense for me...I don't like that in a comic. I'm gonna stick with it a few more issues, just to see if the new (possibly dead, possibly not) Omega Flight pops up again, but then i'll drop it like the garbage it is. IMHO, it certainly lacks the entertainment and creativity of Uncanny Avengers, which has quite captivated me.