• Marvel June 2013 Solicitations

Marvel have released their solicitations for the month of June 2013 including the following titles featuring Alpha Flight characters:-

UNCANNY X-FORCE #6 & 7
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • TBA (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    Issue #6 - Wolverine Costume Variant By Dale Keown
    • Secrets from the future and the past come to haunt Uncanny X-Force!
    • What does Fantomex want from Betsy?
    • What does Betsy want from Cluster?
    • What does Cluster want from Fantomex?
    • What does Bishop want from the 21st century? A body count or a good burger?
    • And Los Angeles, lock up your humans: there’s a new mutant on the loose!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Parental Advisory ...$3.99 (EACH)

ASTONISHING X-MEN #63
    MARJORIE LIU (W)
    GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    • Over the course of his life, Bobby Drake, a.k.a. Iceman, has taken on and beaten the worst enemies the world -- and the universe -- can throw at him.
    • But is the most dangerous villain yet to come? And could it be none other than...Bobby himself?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

UNCANNY X-FORCE VOL. 1: LET IT BLEED TPB
    Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
    Penciled by RON GARNEY & ADRIAN ALPHONA
    Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    The X-Men have always been sworn to protect a world that hates and fears them. But the new Uncanny X-Force is charged to deal with situations the X-Men themselves hate and fear! Psylocke and Storm lead a team of outcasts and scoundrels — including fan-favorite Puck, the villainous Spiral and the mysterious Cluster. The first adversary to strike out from the darkness? X-legend Bishop! But what secrets does the man with the “M” on his face bring from the future? How did he get his amazing new powers? And will X-Force be destroyed in its first battle? As Fantomex and Cluster undertake a secret side mission, Psylocke digs deep into Bishop’s head — and discovers the shocking truth! The darkest corners of the mutant universe are about to be exposed...NOW! Collecting UNCANNY X-FORCE (2013) #1-5.
    112 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$17.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6739-6

*Please Note: Northstar is likely, but not guaranteed to appear in Astonishing X-Men #63*

Comments 15 Comments
      Le Messor -
      I notice they don't even mention the Alphans in those titles.

Oh, well, can't have that every time.

~ Le Messor
      "It's the millennium, motives are incidental."
      ~ Randy
      Chris -
      I don't understand why this Uncanny X-Force is rated Parental Advisory. Most of the swear words were blacked out in the first two issues.
      Le Messor -
      ... but they were still obviously there.
      Sometimes I think it'd be better to just print them than to black them out. Printed, I can just read over them without too much attention. Blacked out (or @!#$@#Q$#-ed), I start thinking about it.

~ Le Messor
      "When I was born I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half."
      ~ Grace Allen
      Phil -
      Update for UXF #7:

• Uncanny X-Force #7 NOW (APR130654, $3.99) will have a cover by Marcos Martin, not Kris Anka.
      Phil -
      Update for #6:
      (W) Sam Humphries (A) Dexter Soy, Adrian Alphona

+ #6 & 7 Cover swap
      Phil -
      Update for UXF #7:
      • Uncanny X-Force #7 NOW (APR130654, $3.99) will have art by Dalibor Talajic and Adrian Alphona.
      rplass -
      Swear words on every page now, that's the rule? Come on, clean it up! Also, more Puck.
      Phil -
      It is clearly marked as Parental Advisory.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      I'm glad they're doing that; but the constant swearing makes for a less pleasant read for me. I'm planning to drop the book.

~ Le Messor
      "Learn to edit before you've said it."
      ~ Mark T. Shirey
      Flightpath07 -
      True.

But, by putting the curse words in, are they not keeping these issues from getting into the hands of children? In a way, they are pulling this series out of the child/teen market, thus limiting who their customers will be.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I'm planning to drop the book.

~ Le Messor
      "Learn to edit before you've said it."
      ~ Mark T. Shirey
      I'm getting ready to do the same with Uncanny Avengers.

After all my gushing about it, it has slid downhill into "typical X-men stories", which i don't like. The first arc was solid, more than solid it was spectacular and amazing; the second arc has all been about the Apocalypse Twins, and has felt far more "X" than "Av" to me.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      True.

But, by putting the curse words in, are they not keeping these issues from getting into the hands of children? In a way, they are pulling this series out of the child/teen market, thus limiting who their customers will be.
      But does/should every book have to be for children?

Logically there should be some adult books available so that books for everyone don't have to cater for grim and gritty and swearing.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      The first arc was solid, more than solid it was spectacular and amazing;
      ... wait... was this Avengers, or Spider-Man?

But does/should every book have to be for children?
      My POV?
      No, of course not.

Logically there should be some adult books available so that books for everyone don't have to cater for grim and gritty and swearing.
      True. This book just isn't working for me, and the swearing is a part - but only a part - of why. OTOH, parts of it are working for me, too.

~ Le Messor
      "Laws are felt only when the individual comes into conflict with them."
      ~ Susanne LaFollette
      Phil -
      Puck doesn't appear in Uncanny X-Force #7. It's possible he may not appear in next month's #8 too.