• Marrina To Appear On Avengers #8 Variant

As previously speculated, Marrina will be appearing on the 50th Anniversary Variant Cover to Avengers (2013) #8, due out in March.

Painted by Daniel Acuņa the cover features Marrina in her current Dale Eaglesham designed costume.
    Comments 47 Comments
      rplass -
      Neato. What's a double gatefold? I lost track of the number of covers that would be included but I'm not seeing how more than 4 could be made into a cover. You open up one side to a double width, and the same on the back. Unless they are reduced in size by 50%? Then you can get 8.

EDIT: If Phil can connect covers together, so can I. Ok so there are issues # 3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20, that's nine issues. Here's what they look like all connected: (big file).

Attachment 3283

So I'm still puzzled out on the nine issues folding up as a cover. I recall Marvel selling just a cover without the comic inside a few years back as a variant. Cannot remember which issue. Maybe this is going to be the same kind of thing.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      EDIT: If Phil can connect covers together, so can I. Ok so there are issues # 3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20, that's nine issues. Here's what they look like all connected: (big file).
      Well done! That's one I could never do, if I had the issues; I wouldn't be able to line them up on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      So I'm still puzzled out on the nine issues folding up as a cover. I recall Marvel selling just a cover without the comic inside a few years back as a variant. Cannot remember which issue. Maybe this is going to be the same kind of thing.
      Really? That's the worst variant I've heard of! So cheap.

~ Le Messor
      "Love the sea? I dote upon it - from the beach."
      Phil -
      Yeah, I don't think it's technically a 'double' gatefold as there're three more variants to be released in Nov & Dec making the Mega gatefold 12 covers long...
      rplass -
      So that's the Mega gatefold variant mentioned in the December solicits:

AVENGERS #24.NOW
      JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)
      Variant cover by Simone Bianchi
      Variant cover by Agustin Alessio
      MEGA FOLDOUT VARIANT by DANIEL ACUŅA
      DEAPOOL VARIANT BY TBA
      MARVEL MEOW VARIANT by TBA
      BLANK VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
      “ROGUE PLANET” - Part 1 of 5
      • Captain America and Iron Man plan for the next version of the Avengers.
      • A runaway planet is on a collision course with Earth.
      • A visitor from the future helps save the day.
      • AVENGERS #24.NOW = AVENGERS #1 IN ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW!
      32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
      Flightpath07 -
      Um...so, is that issue 24.NOW , or is it issue 1? Are they renumbering the series, YET A-FRICKIN-GAIN, or not?
      Phil -
      24.Now, no re numbering.
      Le Messor -
      Is it a crossover I need to be warned about in advance, so I don't accidentally buy the Wolverine Vs. X-Men issue again and feel like I've been tricked into paying them to advertise at me?

~ Le Messor
      "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind and all your strength, and love your neighbor as yourself."
      ~ Jesus
      Phil -
      Nope, no crossover, just the first issue of the All-New Marvel Now initiative.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      24.Now, no re numbering.
      Had to ask. The solicit DID say "AVENGERS #24.NOW = AVENGERS #1 IN ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW!"
      Phil -
      Oh yeah, I can definitely see why you'd think that, especially based on the massive "#1" that takes up most of the cover.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Oh yeah, I can definitely see why you'd think that, especially based on the massive "#1" that takes up most of the cover.
      I'm more amazed to see Spider-Woman on the cover. Hey, remember Spider-Woman...?...
      ...Yeah, me neither. Wish Alpha Flight was a Marvel higher-ups pet project, maybe then they'd appear in all the important books (even if mainly nobody cared about them).
      Phil -
      Comparing a solo-character to an entire team is a pointless exercise though.
      It's easier to shoe-horn a single character who has a history of being with that team into a team book.

Putting Northstar into X-Men is more of an equivalent.
      Flightpath07 -
      I'm just grumpy.
      Le Messor -
      I recently read an article by a comics retailer about how useful it is to make every issue a #1 - makes it easier for him to order new books and know which will sell.

I'm just sleepy. And a little sneezy.

~ Le Messor
      "Love is sentimental measles."
      Flightpath07 -
      I think you need a doc.
      Le Messor -
      I'm too dopey to think of things like that. I'd rather just be happy.
      Flightpath07 -
      don't worry; be happy.
      Le Messor -
      Ha ha! You showed them!

Also, nice poster.
      Phil -
      Hopefully she'll be on one of these too:
      https://www.newsarama.com/36925-cele...nt-covers.html