• Marrina To Appear On Avengers #8 Variant

As previously speculated, Marrina will be appearing on the 50th Anniversary Variant Cover to Avengers (2013) #8, due out in March.

Painted by Daniel Acuņa the cover features Marrina in her current Dale Eaglesham designed costume.
    Comments 47 Comments
      Le Messor -
      There should be a rule that what's on the cover should be related to the contents of the book, not some random set of characters just because they're having an anniversary. (I really like that West Coast Avengers covers, but Spider-Man isn't on it, and are they even in the book?)

Maybe it could be called something like 'false advertising' or something.

~ Le Messor
      "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
      ~ Erica Jong
      Phil -
      I kinda like theme variants.
      I just don't think there should be more than 1 variant per issue.

Either way, she's not on the one from that era: https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...E1MDgyNTAzNDI=
      Le Messor -
      My comment wasn't about variants in general (though I don't like those), but about variants that have nothing to do with the actual contents of the book.

I think Marrina was never an official member of the Avengers - which would be why she isn't on that cover.

~ Le Messor
      "There's nothing wrong with having nothing to say - unless you insist on saying it."
      ~ Anonymous
      Phil -
      Oh, I totally got what your point was, I just meant that I disagree.
      I like having company-wide theme variants, even if it doesn't reflect the inside.
      But that that should be the only variant that month/issue.
      Le Messor -
      I get it now. Sorry. :/

Also... it isn't the only variant? Sigh.
      Phil -
      No need to apologise at all fella! I didn't make myself clear at all, as usual.

Thankfully the Marrina-era variant is for She-Hulk #161 so doesn't matter.

However, Avengers #675 which has the one panel AF cameo has 8 Variants(and probably counting)...
      Le Messor -
      Well, it's all cleared up now, my improper reading aside.

We can safely ignore the Marrina-issue variant, then! ('Ignore' here means either skip the issue if you don't read the series, or pick it up if you do.)

One thing I'll give Marvel with all these variants: at least, unlike IDW, they don't advertise each variant cover inside every single issue they print. That's always bugged me about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      However, Avengers #675
      I've just realised that all this renumbering has at least one advantage:
      I've been saying for a while that if I wanted to start reading The Avengers right now, I honestly wouldn't know what book to pick up.
      Now I would.

~ Le Messor
      "I must be getting absent-minded. Whenever I complain that things aren't what they used to be, I always forget to include myself."
      ~ George Burns