• Marvel Solicitations For May 2013

Marvel have released their Solicitations for the month of May 2013 featuring the following titles including Alpha Flight related characters*:-

UNCANNY X-FORCE #5
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • ADRIAN ALPHONA (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
    • Guest-penciler ADRIAN ALPHONA (co-creator of RUNAWAYS) joins UXF!
    • Psylocke digs deep into Bishop’s head and what she finds will shock you!
    • One of the biggest X-Villains of the past 20 years threatens the Uncanny X-Force!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

ULTIMATE COMICS WOLVERINE #4
    CULLEN BUNN (W)
    DAVID MESSINA (A)
    Cover by AXEL TORVENIUS
    THE SHOCKING CONCLUSION TO “LEGACIES”
    • A new villain is born!
    • Jimmy Hudson’s loyalties are put to the test.
    • What is the secret that Wolverine never shared with his son?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

ASTONISHING X-MEN #62
    MARJORIE LIU (W) • GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    The Aftermath of X-Termination!
    • Iceman is changed after his multi-dimensional ordeal. What aftershocks will this have in his life?
    • What is left of the Astonishing X-Men, The X-Treme X-Men and the Age of Apocalypse?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

*Please note that while the Ultimate Hudsons are likely to appear in Ultimate Comics Wolverine #4 and Northstar is likely to appear in Astonishing X-Men #62 neither are guaranteed at this point.
    Comments 14 Comments
      Phil -
      Update for UXF #5:

The following titles have been cancelled with no plans for resolicitation:
      - Uncanny X-Force #5 McGuinness Variant NOW (MAR130663, $3.99)
      Phil -
      Though strangely:

[table] [TR] [TD]MAR130664
      [/TD] [TD="width: 282"] UNCANNY X-FORCE #5 MANARA VAR NOW
      [/TD] [TD="width: 42"] PI
      [/TD] [TD="width: 66"] 22-May-13
      [/TD] [/TR] [/table]
      Le Messor -
      So, it's just the variant cover that's been cancelled, not the whole series?

... I misread for a moment there...

~ Le Messor
      "I've given up reading books; I find it takes my mind off myself."
      Phil -
      Yup, yup.
      Phil -
      Uncanny X-Force #5 Manara Variant:

Attachment 3101
      rplass -
      Oh what an unfortunate cover. I absolutely loathe that image. I may intentionally keep a hole in my otherwise completist collection to mourn the loss of the final iota of dignity from female comic readers.
      Phil -
      And a Puck-less preview of #5: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=16651
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Oh what an unfortunate cover. I absolutely loathe that image. I may intentionally keep a hole in my otherwise completist collection to mourn the loss of the final iota of dignity from female comic readers.
      It's a variant. You should be able to get a different cover for the same issue.

~ Le Messor
      "Kissing the bride for more than 5 seconds may get you shot."
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      It's a variant. You should be able to get a different cover for the same issue.

~ Le Messor
      True. But, i am not sure that stops Rob's loathing of that particular image, now that it has already been seen and with the knowledge that it is (or will be) out there...

On a side note, LM, I worked my first shift last night with "the new guy", who happens to be from Australia. I asked him if he knew my friend Mik from Australia, and he just stared at me blankly. Personally, i am SHOCKED that your reputation does not precede you!

Oh, and in an open letter to the government and people of Australia: "You can stop worrying, call off the manhunt, we have found Tim; he is alive and well in Canada. Please let us know how much postage to put on him, and we will ship him back promptly."
      Le Messor -
      I doubt that was a blank look... he was probably terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I doubt that was a blank look... he was probably terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
      Hm. That happens a lot around me, ever since i ate my therapist and married a squirrel.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Yet you're fine to always point out Rogue's boobs or Dazzler's butt?
      Flightpath07 -
      Yeah Rob, pointing is not polite! Mind you, in the two cases mentioned, totally understandable impoliteness...