• Speculation: Puck To Appear In X-Men:Days Of Future Past Film? *UPDATED*

X-Men: Days Of Future Past direct Bryan Singer set the internet rumour-mill alight with talk of Puck appearing in the next X-Men film when he tweeted:

"Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!"

While nothing official has been set, it has echoes of Puck's appearance in the Frank Tieri written Weapon X: Days Of Future Now series where he was part of the X-Men; something that's a lot more realistic now that he's part of Uncanny X-Force.

Whether or not Dinklage's role actually turns out to be Puck or not it's definitely a good year for Eugene so far!

Although we've seen members of Alpha Flight mentioned in text on screens in X2 and the 'Heather & Travis Hudson' characters in X-Men Origins:Wolverine if true this would mark the first Alphan to appear on the big screen.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past is scheduled for 2014.

UPDATE:
    Variety have reported that they've learnt from 'sources' that Dinklage is to play the main villain in the film.

While there could be a chance that Puck is a villain as the movie-verse doesn't have to be true to the comics, it does seem likely that he's not going to play Puck.
    Although the 'sources' could be incorrect Dinklage playing a major part sounds a lot more feasible.

Comments 44 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
      I simply had to watch it from a certain point of view... that being, to basically forget everything that I had read in the comics.
      If you can do that, its a very well done film.
      You'll find that many of the films to which we cling depend greatly on one's point of view.

Forget the X-Men comics, and 'vibe' of the 60s, and you can love it.
      And I do!

~ Le Messor
      "It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them."
      Phil -
      I wasn't expecting much from it due to how much I disliked X-Men 3, but I really enjoyed First Class.

And now watching The Last Stand I don't actually mind it as much as I did. If I forget about Juggernaut. And Cyclops' death. And Xavier's death.
      Le Messor -
      I've never thought X-Men 3 was a bad movie per se... just nowhere near as good as the two that preceeded it.

~ Le Messor
      "It's hard to be humble when you're perfect."
      rplass -
      I really liked First Class a lot! I was completely sucked in to Magneto's character and his whole take on the situation. I wanted to join the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants!
      -K-M- -
      I HATED X3 so much, just unncessary deaths (though Professor X did return in the end) and the chracterization was so off.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      I HATED X3 so much, just unnecessary deaths (though Professor X did return in the end) and the characterization was so off.
      I agree. I liked X1 a fair amount, thought X2 had some decent moments, and thought X3 completely ruined everything. That was why I was so happy when they rebooted the franchise with First Class. If X3 had been good, I probably never would have bought into the First Class movie, despite excellent acting and scripting; but with the major suckage of that movie, it made accepting anything new and re-invented that came along that much easier.
      Le Messor -
      According to this:
      http://www.mania.com/puck-or-cgi-for...le_136924.html
      definitely not Puck.

~ Le Messor
      "Those have most power to hurt us that we love."
      ~ Francis Beaumont
      Phil -
      To be fair, I was 99% sure it wouldn't be Puck when I posted it, but it's nice to see the internet ablaze and people discovering Puck through rumours...
      Flightpath07 -
      The 'net is on fire?!?! Quickly, everybody, hose down your computer!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      The 'net is on fire?!?! Quickly, everybody, hose down your computer!
      Calm down, everything's under control.
      If there's one thing the 'net is used to, it's flames.

~ Le Messor
      "I was going to join the Anne McCaffrey forum, but they had to flame every single thread."
      Phil -
      Man... I know it's not going to be Puck, but this 'tache is making me really wish it was:

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...75677584171008
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Man... I know it's not going to be Puck, but this 'tache is making me really wish it was:

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...75677584171008
      Nice!

I prefer Martin Klebba, star of such excellent films as Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and was really great in the superhero tv series The Cape.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0458514/?..._al_nm_1#Actor
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      I prefer Martin Klebba... was really great in the superhero tv series The Cape.
      I was about to bring up The Cape, but I didn't know his name.

~ Le Messor
      "Keep America beautiful. Swallow your beer cans."
      Flightpath07 -
      Yeah, The Cape was a really solid show. Glad i own it on DVD.
      Le Messor -
      I've only seen the first ep, but I liked it; and I thought the actor would make a great Puck.

~ LM
      "Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis."
      Sypes -
      Too bad it's not Puck, because that mustach really does give him a Puck look!
      Phil -
      C'mon, you're telling me this doesn't look good:

Attachment 3106
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      C'mon, you're telling me this doesn't look good:
      Not disagreeing with you on this one, Phil.

~ Le Messor
      "Knowledge is camouflage. It merely disguises what lies beneath."
      ~ Alan Dean Foster, Cyber Way
      Phil -
      http://io9.gizmodo.com/peter-dinklag...ovi-1791094088

And the rumour train pulls round again!

Pretty sure he'll be playing Pip The Troll, but it's always good to get people mentioning Puck.
      However; If any Alphans were going to be in the Avengers/Captain Marvel films it'd be Puck as he didn't debut in Uncanny X-Men.
      -K-M- -
      I'm hoping for puck, but he will prob be cast in a role like Martin freeman and be in a non superhero/villain role.