• Speculation: Puck To Appear In X-Men:Days Of Future Past Film? *UPDATED*

X-Men: Days Of Future Past direct Bryan Singer set the internet rumour-mill alight with talk of Puck appearing in the next X-Men film when he tweeted:

"Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!"

While nothing official has been set, it has echoes of Puck's appearance in the Frank Tieri written Weapon X: Days Of Future Now series where he was part of the X-Men; something that's a lot more realistic now that he's part of Uncanny X-Force.

Whether or not Dinklage's role actually turns out to be Puck or not it's definitely a good year for Eugene so far!

Although we've seen members of Alpha Flight mentioned in text on screens in X2 and the 'Heather & Travis Hudson' characters in X-Men Origins:Wolverine if true this would mark the first Alphan to appear on the big screen.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past is scheduled for 2014.

UPDATE:
    Variety have reported that they've learnt from 'sources' that Dinklage is to play the main villain in the film.

While there could be a chance that Puck is a villain as the movie-verse doesn't have to be true to the comics, it does seem likely that he's not going to play Puck.
    Although the 'sources' could be incorrect Dinklage playing a major part sounds a lot more feasible.

Comments 44 Comments
      kingdomofevan -
      Dinklage would absolutely kill it as Puck. I'd love to see what his accent would sound like, eh?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Although we've seen members of Alpha Flight mentioned in text on screens in X2 and the 'Heather & Travis Hudson' characters in X-Men Origins:Wolverine if true this would mark the first Alphan to appear on the big screen.
      Not to mention the first live-action version of any of them.

Also, who else could he play but Puck?
      Or what else? A Brood? (ie: anything that requires a small person and a lot of make-up; Virus, perhaps?)

~ Le Messor
      "It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear."
      ~ Freeman Dyson
      Phil -
      It could just be motion capture and sound ala Gollum, or it could be a new character or just an artistic license of a current one.
      Toad maybe? Bantham?
      -K-M- -
      Whoa, I could definetly see him being Puck. With all the action figures and press he is getting it just seems like they are pushing him
      Flightpath07 -
      Or Broo.
      Phil -
      Sugar-Man maybe?
      Flightpath07 -
      Rocket Raccoon?
      Le Messor -
      Toad maybe?
      They've already done him (kinda), so I imagine not. But it could be any of the others, too...

OTOH, Puck still looks pretty likely.

~ Le Messor
      "It's considered tacky to take a cooler to church."
      rplass -
      Bleeding Cool thinks it's someone else:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/...bolivar-trask/
      Le Messor -
      Odd, since Bolivar isn't a dwarf.

But that doesn't mean it isn't him.

~ LM
      -K-M- -
      Damn, yeah doubt he is Puck now
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Bleeding Cool thinks it's someone else:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/...bolivar-trask/
      There's a LOT of holes in Bleeding Cool's guess. That said, the likelihood of Puck starring is also slight. He could be portraying just about anyone.
      Le Messor -
      There just aren't that many dwarves in the MU, let alone ones who're that connected to the X-Men.
      Which leaves three possibilities:
      They've changed a character randomly. Happens all the time in page-to-screen.
      He's playing a special effect (heavy make-up requiring a small person, or he's doing a mo-cap). Happens all the time in movies.
      Or a dwarf. Puck.

I'm hoping for the last.

~ Le Messor
      "It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."
      ~ Q, Deja Q
      Phil -
      Yeah, that's the thing.

This film doesn't have to stay true to the comics in the slightest, and is only in the continuity of First Class, not the other 4 X-Films so he can quite easilly be Trask.
      Le Messor -
      True... but that would just be such a random thing to do.
      Which wouldn't stop filmmakers doing it.

~ Le Messor
      "It's funny. You come some place new and everything looks the same."
      Alphan East -
      This film doesn't have to stay true to the comics in the slightest, and is only in the continuity of First Class.
      And as we all know, First Class played pretty fast and loose with continuity. For example:
      Banshee: In the comics - an experienced, Irish, ex-Interpol agent. In the movie - a young wise-cracking American teenager.
      Mystique: In the comics - an evil, vicious bad-guy. In the movie - an innocent, rather sympathetic "kid sister" to Professor X.
      Sebastian Shaw: In the comics - an evil power-hungry American. In the movie - an evil ex-Nazi.
      Moira MacTaggart: In the comics - a Scottish physician / geneticist. In the movie - an American undercover CIA agent.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have him playing Rachel Summers.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
      And as we all know, First Class played pretty fast and loose with continuity. For example:
      Banshee: In the comics - an experienced, Irish, ex-Interpol agent. In the movie - a young wise-cracking American teenager.
      Mystique: In the comics - an evil, vicious bad-guy. In the movie - an innocent, rather sympathetic "kid sister" to Professor X.
      Sebastian Shaw: In the comics - an evil power-hungry American. In the movie - an evil ex-Nazi.
      Moira MacTaggart: In the comics - a Scottish physician / geneticist. In the movie - an American undercover CIA agent.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have him playing Rachel Summers.
      Now that I have read what Alphan East wrote, I am changing my mind; he's gonna be Juggernaut! lol
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
      And as we all know, First Class played pretty fast and loose with continuity.
      Well, you're right, of course.
      I've been wondering if they're gonna play the angle that Bolivar Trask considers himself disabled by dwarfish; therefore he envies (and tries to kill) those with extra abilities - mutants.

~ Le Messor
      "It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions."
      -K-M- -
      Oh First Class took majority liberties from the comics (Still a great movie though)

Havok, who is Cyclops younger brother joined the team after Scott, but in the movie is now older and joined the X-Men first.

Angel also joined the X-Men much much later

Azazel being there in that manner

Darwin joined the X-Men when the original X-Men (led by Cyclops) were captured and was sent to rescue them (he "died" during that mission).

etc.
      Alphan East -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Oh First Class took majority liberties from the comics (Still a great movie though)
      Absolutely, I actually enjoyed the movie for the action and story. Acting was well done, especially Michael Fasssbender... he's quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Loved him in both Inglorious Basterds and A Dangerous Method.
      I simply had to watch it from a certain point of view... that being, to basically forget everything that I had read in the comics.
      If you can do that, its a very well done film.