• Ultimate Comics Wolverine Art Previewed At CBR

This week's X-Position over at Comic Book Resources is with Cullen Bunn, writer of the upcoming Ultimate Comics Wolverine series which features appearances from the Ultimate versions of James & Heather Hudson, and includes a first look at artist David Messina's pages from #2.

One of the questions Bunn answers is:

Given that Ultimate Logan had a lot of similar and unrestricted ways to 616 Wolvie, how do you plan on adding this spin to Jimmy without giving a paternal influence we've already seen before?

One of the major elements of this story is how Jimmy is different from his father, how he has not "embraced" the ways of Wolverine. The upbringing from James and Heather made him the man he is, so it can't be ignored, but you'll definitely be seeing a transition here. You'll be seeing Jimmy take what I consider his first real steps toward becoming Wolverine. Of course, it will be his own take on Wolverine, a different kind of hero than we've seen before.
    For the full article visit CBR.
    Comments 3 Comments
      Le Messor -
      I think that shows a lot of respect for our guys! That they were such an apparently positive influence on Jimmy.

~ Le Messor
      "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
      ~ The Queen, Lewis Carroll's Alice Through The Looking Glass
      Phil -
      There are some coloured pages from #1 up at http://marvel.com/news/story/20145/f...cs_wolverine_1

I wonder if the guy in the hat is Mac?

Attachment 2914
      Le Messor -
      Possible, I guess... but was his hair that dark in Ultimate?

~ Le Messor
      "It's good to know that if I behave strangely enough, society will take full responsibility for me."
      ~ Ashleigh Brilliant