• Cullen Bunn Talks Ultimate Wolverine

Over at Newsarama, Cullen Bunn talks a bit about his forthcoming mini-series 'Ultimate Comics Wolverine' the series focusing on the legacy of Wolverine and his child Jimmy who was adopted by the Hudsons:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/ulti...llen-bunn.html

Jimmy Hudson was raised by James Hudson and Heather Hudson. They were his adoptive parents. My wife and I adopted our son a few years ago from China. And it almost haunts us sometimes — my son will never know his birth mother. My son was abandoned at an amusement park the day he was born. I always think about that with him. When he gets older — he's 4 now — what is he going to want to know about his birth parents? It's going to be very limited what he can find out, or what anybody can find out.

This story, a big part of it, is Jimmy learning more about his biological father, and then coming to grips with the idea of who his real parents are — his real parents being James and Heather. There's a big part of the story — without spoiling anything — about what would make Jimmy into Wolverine. Is it his biological father and his birth mother, who really had no bearing in his upbringing? He's such a drastically different character from Wolverine, and all of that comes from the people who raised him. I think it's an interesting story; about why Logan picked those two, what Logan may have wanted to see happen with his kid, and Jimmy's understanding of who he is, where he came from, and who had a hand to play in who he became. The mutant power, that's in his genes. His personality, and who he is as a person, came from his upbringing, and the time he spent with his mother and father.
    Comments 4 Comments
      Le Messor -
      That sounds really cool. I like the take / angle he's taking here.
      Even if his name sounds like a cooking / Twilight mash-up.
      Mmm... mash.

~ Le Messor
      "It is when I struggle to be brief that I became obscure."
      ~ Horace
      rplass -
      Cullen Bunn's own personal experience guarantees we'll see the Ultimate Hudsons portrayed in a very positive light. As parents will they resemble James and Heather in name only, or will they have powers in this new series? I wonder!
      Le Messor -
      They haven't had powers yet. Which could still be cool if they don't.

OTOH, powers could explain them knowing Logan.

~ Le Messor
      "It is wrong always, everywhere and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence."
      ~ W. K. Clifford