• Sam Humphries Talks Uncanny X-Force & Puck

Marvel.com have an interview with Sam Humphries, writer of next months Uncanny X-Force, the title starring Puck, along with some preview art:

http://marvel.com/news/story/19870/b...y_x-force_pt_2

Marvel.com: So why did you pick Puck, everyone’s second favorite short Canadian super hero, to be on the team?
    Sam Humphries: [Laughs] I liked having Puck because I feel like that’s a character where there is a lot of untapped potential, there’s a lot that’s ending up there that’s never been seen before. He’s a kick-ass character who has a background as an adventurer and he used to be a bouncer at a bar, so he’s kind of this tough Canadian Indiana Jones. He’s also short in stature, but you don’t see that really in the way he conducts his life. He’s the kind of guy who goes into a situation and never thinks twice and thinks he’s going to kick ass. And he’s also a smart-ass, and I have a team of very serious characters, so I was excited to have a guy in there to crack a joke once in a while.

Marvel.com: So he’s a bit of comic relief?
    Sam Humphries: I would not say he’s comic relief. He’s a character that laughs in the face of danger.
    Comments 9 Comments
      Mokole -
      Sounds like they'll write Puck as a hero.
      rplass -
      Looks very nice, very modern. Have no idea what the hell is going on in that black and white panel with the eyeball probe-o-tron but that evil grin on Spiral's face is complete awesome.

I like Sam Humphries' take on Puck too, hey this is sounding pretty darn good!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Rplass, that would be Betsy getting new eyes via Spiral.

Dana
      -K-M- -
      Yeah Im really looking forward to this.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Have no idea what the hell is going on in that black and white panel with the eyeball probe-o-tron but that evil grin on Spiral's face is complete awesome.
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      Rplass, that would be Betsy getting new eyes via Spiral.
      Yeah, it happened in the Body Shoppe in Uncanny X-Men, somewhere in the 200s.

He’s a character that laughs in the face of danger.
      Like Xander?

~ Le Messor
      "I laugh in the face of danger!...
      Then I run and hide until it goes away."
      ~ Xander
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      I like Sam Humphries' take on Puck too, hey this is sounding pretty darn good!
      The man knows his Puck, trust me.
      Phil -
      CBR preview a few new pages, but no new Puck panels:
      http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14673
      Phil -
      Next week's X-Position at CBR is with Sam Humphries so if any of you have any questions about Puck, or any concerns you want addressing e-mail 'ssunu@comicbookresources.com' with the subject line 'X-Position:Sam Humphries' in the next few days.

The more AF related questions we can get in, the better - it doesn't have to be me trying to squeeze information all the time!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      'ssunu@comicbookresources.com'
      Death by snu-snu? Yay! Oh. Yay! Oh.