• Marvel's Next Big Thing: Uncanny X-Force

Today's Next Big Thing Liveblog from Marvel featured Uncanny X-Force with questions to series writer Sam Humphries and some Ron Garney preview art from the title(unfortunately none of them including Puck):
    http://marvel.com/news/story/19777/n...l_now_liveblog

Some quotes from the liveblog:

"Puck has been a lot of fun to write. My biggest surprise." - Sam Humphries

"Puck will be a breakout character." - Nick Lowe

Puck was a suggestion from Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. Initially Sam wasn't into it, but then thought of stories through the years and how he connected with Puck as a badass.

"What Fantomex was to Rick's Uncanny X-Force, Puck will be here." - Nick Lowe

"This isn't a little guy who bounces around like a bowling ball, he's a force to be reckoned with. This is a heroic take on Puck." - Nick Lowe

"Puck looks like a baller in cargo pants and a white tank top and looks like a baller in costume." - Sam Humphries

"It wasn't until Olivier Coipel did the first cover that I was like 'Oh, wait, Puck is the only guy here...that's awesome!' We were just looking for badass characters." - Nick Lowe

Stay tuned to AlphaFlight.net for more from Sam Humphries on Uncanny X-Force!
    Comments 14 Comments
      sengsterooney -
      Well, that is really good and exciting news and Garney's art is amazing - and I can't wait to see his rendition of Puck! But, why is Psylocke kissing Lady Fantomex? I can only assume the Lady Fantomex is the next incarnation of Fantomex, so there's still the chemistry going on there.
      -K-M- -
      Well I'm excited, seems they really like Puck. Hopefully they don't claim him forever in the X-Books
      Le Messor -
      What's a baller?
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney View Post
      Well, that is really good and exciting news and Garney's art is amazing - and I can't wait to see his rendition of Puck! But, why is Psylocke kissing Lady Fantomex? I can only assume the Lady Fantomex is the next incarnation of Fantomex, so there's still the chemistry going on there.
      I think that's a memory and actually Fantomex, as that and the 3rd panel don't really fit in the sequence.
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      What's a baller?
      Baller.
      Le Messor -
      Oh.
      Right.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
      not limited to the description of a person, 'baller' may be used to describe any place, thing or situation
      THAT part of the definition makes no sense. Can "describe any place, thing, or situation", PLUS any person?! Yeesh...Why not just use the word "gobbledeegook"?
      sengsterooney -
      Woo hoo! I am really keen to read this now that there's been a bit more of an explanation as to how Puck will be characterised and how he fits into the team. I always remember him as the "bouncer" from AF vol 1 #1 and he was a thug/tough guy back then - before the rest of his "history" was fleshed out by Byrne, Mantlo and others.
      Phil -
      Well, as you'd probably imagine, we've got a few more details about Puck in our interview with Sam which we should be running soon!
      Flightpath07 -
      our interview with Sam which we should be running soon
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      we should be running soon!
      Run! RUN!!! THEY'RE COMING!!!
      -K-M- -
      When does #1 come out again?
      Phil -
      Jan 16th
      -K-M- -
      Thanks