• Alpha Flight in Avengers NOW!?

Comics Alliance have a preview of some of Mike Deodato's artwork for the forthcoming Jon Hickman written Avengers #10, which includes a page that looks suspiciously like an Alpha Flight team!

Whether this team turns out to be our Alphans or an alternate reality team will have to wait... #1 isn't released until December 5th, so #10 won't be solicited until February and released in April 2013.

Comments 34 Comments
      Sypes -
      Seems possible. There is a Canadian MapleLeaf on at least two poeple. Guesses? Sasquatch, Talisman, Windshear and Man-bot? Or is that Box?
      Phil -
      There's a tail so that implies Wendigo which makes me think alternate reality, but who knows...
      Phil -
      Plus, as Bleeding Cool points out:

And check the New Avengers solicitation for January;
      To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It’s the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe–The Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Beast–against an infinite legion of parallel realities.

Which is for January's New Avengers rather than the title the other images are from, but it could all be relative...
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      There's a tail so that implies Wendigo which makes me think alternate reality, but who knows...
      Oh, yeah, looks alternate all the way. But definitely an alternate Alpha team...
      Everything looks like an Alphan, but just a little off... not quite Guardian's (?) costume... Not quite Box... Not quite Sasquatch... Is that Diamond Lil? Heather? (Her hair's looking pretty dark, though.) Aurora?
      But not in a 'the artist couldn't be bothered doing research' way.
      Probably a harder, darker reality (note the guns).

I'm loving the artwork, btw. This sort of European feel; like maybe Moebius would've drawn or something.

~ Le Messor
      "He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary."
      ~ William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)
      Flightpath07 -
      Looks interesting. Wondering who is in the "Guardian"-type suit! With a gun on her hip, I'm thinking she has no powers? Sas (or Wendigo) looks VERY powerful, with an almost Hulk-like jaw. I'd say that's definitely Madison Jeffries, with a new type of Box armour behind him.
      -K-M- -
      Yeah alternate reality, but Alpha appearing in a big book such as the Avengers? Sweeeeeet. Hopefully they are done with justice.

Avengers #10? Avengers #1 isn't even out yet haha. Their doing two issues a month, but still.
      -K-M- -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Plus, as Bleeding Cool points out:

Which is for January's New Avengers rather than the title the other images are from, but it could all be relative...[/INDENT]
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...or-marvel-now/
      Phil -
      Same link I posted in the post you quoted? :-/
      -K-M- -
      haha I actually didn't mean to reply, not sure what happened there.
      Alphan East -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Yeah alternate reality, but Alpha appearing in a big book such as the Avengers? Sweeeeeet. Hopefully they are done with justice.
      I agree... even if its alternate reality, the more books we can get these characters into the better the chances of another Alpha title.
      Also, really like the artwork... it has a fresh, realistic look to it.
      Phil -
      Same artist that drew the second half of The Collective (Death of Alpha Flight) arc, but these look like full pencils to be coloured straight from, rather than inked.
      Very nice stuff.
      Flightpath07 -
      The gal could be Murmur...regardless, I`m looking forward to purchasing this one. I like my Ultimate and Alternate Alpha Flights almost as much as the real one!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Hopefully they are done with justice.
      What's he got to do with it? Shouldn't he be trying to rescue his students from the Arena?
      8P

Man, it's gonna be 5 months before we can get this...

~ Le Messor
      "He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others."
      ~ Samuel Johnson
      Flightpath07 -
      Man, it's gonna be 5 months before we can get this...
      There is always a time machine. Hot tub optional.
      Le Messor -
      That's weird, because when I was buying my hot tub, they told me the time-machine was optional...
      Mokole -
      Well, any AF appearance is fine with me. My guess is that in this reality Sasquatch is more Wendigo-ish, though it could be another Snowbird-type character; I think it's Box there; the woman might as well be Heather; hard to be sure with any artist. Maybe Madison is there and the Box character is being controlled by him, or he's in the suit and that's a Windshear pastiche? Looks good, hope it is a cool team, and I expect it's an alternate reality team. But I'm as clueless as usual.
      Flightpath07 -
      pastiche
      Anybody else here have to look that one up? lol

A borrowed motif, or a hodgepodge combination taken from different sources. Thank you, dictionary.reference.com ! Nice word, Moke!
      Le Messor -
      I didn't, but I'm always getting in trouble for eating the pastiche.

~ Le Messor
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
      ~ Clarence Darrow
      Phil -
      Not sure if this is a serious answer or not, but:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post16245854

Quote Originally Posted by JHickman View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
      Thank you for taking your time to come into this thread, Mr. Hickman!
      In the preview art for #10, it looks like a new iteration of Alpha Flight with a new Vindicator. Is it new characters, or just prior members in new outfits? My bad if that counts as a spoiler request.
      http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/1...rt-marvel-now/

It's Validator and Omega Flight.
      Sypes -
      The Validator? hahah. What is that? A super-price checker hero in a big box store? hahha