• Wolverine & The X-Men #19 Preview Pages at CBR

As part of their weekly Axel-In-Charge column, Comic Book Resources have an exclusive preview of some pages from Wolverine & The X-Men #19 by Jason Aaron & Nick Bradshaw, the issue with Sasquatch & Puck cameoing:-

Whether this turns out to be the only page they appear in still remains...

For more pages visit http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41407
    Comments 36 Comments
      -K-M- -
      am I going to regret defending this book?
      Phil -
      I don't think so.
      It's still a fun read, and it helps root the School more firmly in the MU; it's just very much the tradtional use of an AF in a cameo that we've cringed at over the past few years...
      -K-M- -
      Oh read it, and it wasn't "that" bad really. Not great, but not awful. Sterotypes for sure, and maybe they could have not had Puck there as his comment was silly.
      -K-M- -
      Sad thing is Walter is definetly qualified as he was a teacher at McGill University
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      This guest appearance was just stupid and embarrassing for Alpha Flight (IMHO).

Dana
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      This guest appearance was just stupid and embarrassing for Alpha Flight (IMHO).

Dana
      Ew. Sounds bad. Maybe it is good that I have not read it yet!
      Le Messor -
      So, Wolverine and the X-Men #19 is a stupid and embarrassing Alpha Flight appearance.
      And, Generation X #19 is a stupid and embarrassing Alpha Flight appearance.

Maybe we shouldn't let AF, especially Sas, show up in #19s anymore?

~ Le Messor
      "It is better to have men ask why you have no statue, than why you have one."
      Phil -
      In it's defence AF are made to look as ridiculous as every other non-X character that appears in the issue so it's not a slight.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      In it's defence AF are made to look as ridiculous as every other non-X character that appears in the issue so it's not a slight.
      Sounds like a case of "I'm not prejudiced - I hate everybody!"
      Flightpath07 -
      Maybe we shouldn't let AF, especially Sas, show up in #19s anymore?
      in fairness, I'd like to point out that i truly enjoyed Alpha Flight's appearance in Alpha Flight issue # 19.
      rplass -
      Well let's see I have

Marvel Age #19 - solicit of AF#17 with a panel taken from that issue, pretty good
      Marvel Vison #19 - 4 page preview of Alpha Flight volume 2, including a promo splash by Scott Clark featuring the entire team - very good
      OHOTMU: Deluxe Edition #19 - 3 page entry for Snowbird - very good but she was dead at the time which was not so good
      OHOTMU: Master Edition #19 - 2 page entry for Marrina - a good entry but unfortunately they misspelled her name on the cover.

And very minor appearances:
      Warlock & the Infinity Watch #19 - cameo with Heather and Wild Child (a.k.a. Wildheart at the time)
      Weapon X #19 - minor appearance with Wild Child as a regular member of Weapon X, he got attacked by terrorists
      What The-?! #19 - The Master appears in the "Really awful, some even worse than others... List of Visual Puns" section.

So overall Alpha Flight has some good luck with #19 issues.

Love,
      rplass
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Well let's see I have...
      So overall Alpha Flight has some good luck with #19 issues.
      Yeah, but they're all either minor appearances, or out of continuity. (ie: lists in OHOTMU).

~ Le Messor
      "It is better to have loved and lost than to have hated and won."
      Phil -
      Sorta connected; In this week's X-Position with Jason Aaron:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42497

2) Any new teachers coming to the Jean Grey School? I think Firestar and Quicksilver would be interesting choices given their connections to mutants, maybe even Guest Teachers like The Vision or Spider-Man, two characters I love seeing interact with X-Characters.
      Way back when I first started putting my cast together for this series, Firestar and Quicksilver were both on the list. But ultimately I didn't have room for them. Obviously my cast is already insanely huge as it is. But those are both characters I'd still like to find room for at some point down the road. I'd really love to see them both finally become true X-Men in a big way. I love a lot of Alpha Flight characters too. Someday, maybe. Someday.
      Le Messor -
      Cool! He loves 'em, hey MIkey!

~ Le Messor
      "It is impossible to travel faster than light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off."
      ~ Woody Allen
      Phil -
      In case anyone still hasn't seen the lettered panel in question:
      Attachment 2787
      Le Messor -
      I have the issue now, and while I agree with some people that it's disrespectful, it's a scattershot disrespect that hits everybody who shows up in the issue; not a targetted disrespect.
      Also, it's pretty funny.

~ Le Messor
      "It is well to remember, my son, that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others."
      ~ John Andrew Holmes