• Marvel Solicits For November 2012

Marvel have released their solicitations for the month of November 2012 including the following titles that feature Alpha Flight characters:-

ASTONISHING X-MEN ANNUAL #1

CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    COVER BY DAVE WILLIAMS
    • Someone is attacking friends and associates of the X-Men and it’s up to Wolverine and his team to stop them.
    • Meanwhile, newlywed Kyle learns the hard way that marrying Northstar also meant marrying his family...and in this case, Northstar’s family is the X-Men!
    48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

ASTONISHING X-MEN #56
    MARJORIE LIU (W) • MIKE PERKINS (A)
    COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    • The shocking conclusion to WEAPONIZED!
    • A teammate returns...but is he friend or foe?
    • Will Kyle and Northstar survive their first married mission?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Please also note the change to last months solicitations:

• WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #18 original solicitation has been updated to reflect a new artist, new story, and a new on-sale date of 10/10 (from 10/17). Please note that the FOC for this book has been moved up from 9/24 to 9/17. Below is the updated solicit:
      • Written by Jason Aaron
      • Penciled by Jorge Molina
      • Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
      • * AVX TIE-IN by the writer of AVX #12.
      • * As the world burns, the Jean Grey School tries to continue on, but that's easier said than done.
      • * One student ends up at the barrel of a gun.
      • 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Meaning that #19 wil now feature the previously solicited cover by Nick Bradshaw and possible Alphans inside.
    Comments 13 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      For those not following other Threads here, say "buh-bye" to Avengers Academy and Defenders.
      Le Messor -
      Bye.
      -K-M- -
      haha wow that picture of Kyle is terrible.
      rplass -
      Why is Northstar wearing Aurora's costume again? I guess he has a bunch of them nowadays.
      Le Messor -
      Cross dressing?

- LM
      "In a fight between you and the world, back the world."
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Why is Northstar wearing Aurora's costume again? I guess he has a bunch of them nowadays.
      Its a gamma-mutant thing. All of Alpha Flight are doing it now.
      Phil -
      Christos Gage talks Astonishing X-Men at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41322

2) You've got the "Astonishing X-Men" annual coming out in a couple of months. Could you expand on the "Kyle learns the hard way that marrying Northstar also meant marrying his family" that we got in the solicitations?

Well, I don't want to spoil too much, but I can clarify that the "family" mentioned for Northstar is the X-Men. Kyle was already good friends with Aurora, Northstar's sister and only living blood relative, but this story is when it really hits home for Kyle that his new husband is also part of an extended family called the X-Men -- and that he himself is now a potential target for their enemies. Actually, in this Annual, there's no "potential" about it -- the Friends of Humanity are targeting the X-Men's loved ones, including Kyle. His and Northstar's romantic honeymoon is interrupted by the Astonishing X-Men, who promise to protect Kyle while Northstar uses his super-speed to secure various other innocents in danger. So imagine you marry someone, go on your honeymoon and suddenly your spouse takes off and leaves you with their crazy family. It's like that, but with adamantium claws and exploding playing cards.
      Le Messor -
      Um... hasn't he already been targetted? How many times does he have to learn that?

~ Le Messor
      Harmony, about Wednesday's lemonade: I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they're real lemons?
      Pugsley: Yes.
      Harmony: I'll tell you what. I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?
      Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?
      rplass -
      In addition to drawing the wrong costume, David Baldeon drew Northstar with rounded ears. Terrible. Northstar has pointy ears. He's 0 for 2. And 48pg? No, it's 19pg with a reprint of AF# 106.
      Phil -
      Yeah... I'm getting sick of #106 now.
      Phil -
      Interesting to see that #106 is included in the digital version.

Well, slightly interesting anyway.

Making it the first digital issue of AF to see release for sale.
      Flightpath07 -
      Perhaps they will put out a "Kyle" TP, featuring all of his appearances, thus winning over enough new Flight fans for AF to launch a new series?
      Phil -
      Well, with the Complete Alpha Flight by Pak & Van Lente & the Astonishing X-Men:Northstar TPB's all that's missing is Uncanny X-Men #508.
      (Well, and the Astonishing X-Men: Weaponised arc & Annual which'll no doubt be collected together soon)