• More Alpha Flight Minimates Confirmed *UPDATED*

Sasquatch, Aurora, Shaman and Snowbird Minimates confirmed with pics on the box to the first wave:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...153&start=3420

Vindicator and Box were also announced so the Minimates format will be the first to offer a complete AF team in plastic. Good news!

*UPDATE*

Action Figure Xpress have confirmed
    that Wave 2 will be on sale at NYCC October 11th-14th 2012.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: More Alpha Flight minimates confirmed!!! started by Alpha Fan View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
      Le Messor -
      A villains box could be cool - Master, Jaxom, Pearl, Lily. (The GBs are all either too big or too obscure, methinks.)

- Le Messor
      "Immanuel Kant but Kubla Khan."
      berserkerclaw -
      I just bought all ten Minimates Alpha Flight figures from Ebay. arriving in the mail on Wednesday. I cant wait.
      Le Messor -
      Congrats! They're really cool.
      Tawmis -
      I have to get these. Ironically I was cleaning, and I found my Alpha Flight collection of - not even sure what they're called - they look like Weeble Woobles.
      Le Messor -
      What's a Weeble Wooble? Because the minimates are the only official Alpha Flight toys I know of that look as cute as they sound, so it sounds like you've already got them; but there are pictures at the beginning of this page, so you should know if you have them, so now I'm worried I'm missing something!
      Phil -
      Ahh, the Alpha Flight Beanz?
      http://www.toywiz.com/mightymarv.html
      DIGGER -
      They are mighty beanz. As for weeble wobbles, they were around in the '70's-'80's (and as with all things made a bit of a comeback about 5 or so years ago). Their catch phrase was "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down ( due to the fact they were egg shaped and bottom weighted.
      Retro-Digger
      (sounds better than saying I'm old enough to remember them and have some)
      Le Messor -
      Those are pretty cute. There are Alpha Flight ones? Who? Northstar and Aurora, I'm guessing. Maybe Sasquatch; Guardian. Puck?
      I didn't see any on the ToyWiz page.

~ Le Messor
      "McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup."
      ~ Paul Sabourin, Silver Spring
      Phil -
      Yeah, there were AF ones in Series 2 from 2004(?). They never made it to this side of the world so I never got any (I'd imagine the same stands for Aus) and whenever I see them on eBay the postage is huge for some reason...

The link was just the first one I could find on my phone to check they were what Tawmis meant.

There's a checklist here but I can't find any images currently, without trawling through ebay.

EDIT: It's a slow morning:

Attachment 3393 Attachment 3394 Attachment 3396 Attachment 3395 Attachment 3397
      Le Messor -
      I like 'em! Why didn't I know about them before?
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Ahh, the Alpha Flight Beanz?
      http://www.toywiz.com/mightymarv.html
      That's the one!

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
      They are mighty beanz. As for weeble wobbles, they were around in the '70's-'80's (and as with all things made a bit of a comeback about 5 or so years ago). Their catch phrase was "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down ( due to the fact they were egg shaped and bottom weighted.
      Retro-Digger
      (sounds better than saying I'm old enough to remember them and have some)

Yeah, I am showing off my age now...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Those are pretty cute. There are Alpha Flight ones? Who? Northstar and Aurora, I'm guessing. Maybe Sasquatch; Guardian. Puck?
      I didn't see any on the ToyWiz page.

~ Le Messor
      "McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup."
      ~ Paul Sabourin, Silver Spring

Yes, I will take a photo tonight when I get home from work. Can't recall if I have all of the Alpha Flight ones, but I believe I do.

I'll put them in a new thread when I do, so I don't side track this one more than I have (and maybe a moderator can split these posts into that thread when I do).

I need to get these mini figs that this thread mentions, however. Those I don't have.
      darkeyes -
      Hi everyone, I never heard of these Beanz before until seeing this post, but they are all over eBay. I was actually able to buy the 5 AF characters for under $20 shipped from whosdamaster on eBay if anyone was interested. His prices are pretty good and he combined shipping. Anyway, something new for the AF collection.
      Le Messor -
      Thanks, DarkEyes. Good to know.
      Hmm... Is that the same person Phil got some of his pics from?

~ Le Messor
      "Measure with a micrometer. Mark with chalk. Cut with an axe."
      Phil -
      Yeah, same eBay dealer.