• Marvel Solicits For October 2012

Marvel have released their solicitations for October 2012 including the following titles featuring Alpha Flight & it's characters:-

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #18 & 19
    JASON AARON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW & STEVEN SANDERS (A&C)
    Covers by NICK BRADSHAW
    • The second year of the most talked-about new X-Book starts here!
    • One of the students is on death’s door and the faculty must 1) try to keep them alive and 2) find who did it!
    • With one of the teachers on the outs, a new one must be hired. Who will it be?
    • Who is the new student at the school?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

(#18 Cover shown, Alphans may not appear inside or in #19)

ASTONISHING X-MEN #55
    MARJORIE LIU (W) • MIKE PERKINS (A)
    Cover BY PHIL NOTO
    • Hatchitech weapons start showing up around the globe, and civilians are caught in the crossfire
    • The team must make a decision…take down Hatchi or save Karma!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SECRET AVENGERS BY RICK REMENDER VOL. 2 PREMIERE HC
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Penciled by RENATO GUEDES, GABRIEL HARDMAN & MATTEO SCALERA
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    AVX tie-in! Thor leads a secret team of Avengers on a suicide mission to stop the Phoenix by any means necessary! Who is Minister Marvel, and why has he drawn the Phoenix to the Kree homeworld? The Avengers devise a way to save the Kree, but one man stands in their way: the original Captain Marvel, reborn to unite his people! Can Ms. Marvel and the Protector break free of Minister Marvel’s influence to aid their former companions? Plus: Can Hawkeye and Black Widow unmask the spy on their team in time to prevent tragedy? And as Hawkeye, Venom and Ant-Man face the Masters of Evil — an army of villains unlike any ever seen before — to save Max Fury, the Shadow Council’s true goal is revealed! Enter the power of the Abyss! Collecting SECRET AVENGERS #26-32.
    160 PGS./Rated T+ …$29.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6120-2
    Trim size: standard

(Includes Pink Pearl)

RED HULK: MAYAN RULE TPB
    Written by JEFF PARKER
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    It’s the end of the world as we know it when the gods walk the Earth, and the hands of the doomsday clock race towards Mayan rule! Former Avengers arrive to help the Red Hulk try to stop the end of all things, but the heroes suffer a devastating blow when Rick “A-Bomb” Jones falls in battle! Can even our favorite scarlet powerhouse hope to stand against the entire Mayan pantheon as they continue to remake the world in their own image? Is this the end of Red Hulk? And if so, what horrible fate awaits the human race? Guest starring Alpha Flight, Machine Man, She-Hulks and more! Collecting HULK (2008 )#53-57.
    120 PGS./Rated T+ …$16.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6097-7

ALPHA FLIGHT CLASSIC VOL. 3 TPB
    Written by JOHN BYRNE & BILL MANTLO
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE & MIKE MIGNOLA
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Concluding John Byrne’s legendary run! Canada’s mightiest heroes face threats of all sizes, ranging from the overweight Pink Pearl to the maniacal alchemist Diablo! And when the terrible secret of Sasquatch’s origin is revealed, Alpha Flight must battle the Great Beasts in their own realm — and pay a fearsome price! Then, Alpha Flight’s former leader, Guardian, returns from the grave — or does he? What’s he doing palling around with the villainous Omega Flight? And where does the Beyonder fit in? Finally, when Alpha Flight goes fishing in another dimension, they accidentally hook the Incredible Hulk! Will the jade giant smash the heroes beyond all repair? Only the series’ new creative team knows! It’s north-of-the-border action just the way you like it! Collecting ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #20-29 and INCREDIBLE HULK (1968 ) #313.
    280 PGS./Rated T …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6292-6
    Comments 36 Comments
      Phil -
      Aye, what Mik said.
      The books I'm enjoying the most these days are creator owned titles from Image.
      Although Uncanny X-Force is in my top 5 each month.
      Flightpath07 -
      Fair 'Nuff, gents!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Thanks Mik and FP...I won't pick up books anymore that aren't part of the 616 main continuity...I just wanted to be sure about getting this. Now I'm excited!

Dana
      Phil -
      Well I'll let you know on the day it comes out if it's an actual appearance or just the cover.
      I can use my timezone to our advantage for that.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      I can use my timezone to our advantage for that.
      I can teach you a thing or two about that! (In about 15 mins, I'm heading off to a Dark Knight Rises screening...)
      Meanwhile, I'll just sit here, being eaten by a cat.

- Le Messor
      "I'm not playing God, I'm playing Doctor."
      ~ Susan Hunt
      Phil -
      Just in case anyone hasn't seen November's solicits:

WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #18 original solicitation has been updated to reflect a new artist, new story, and a new on-sale date of 10/10 (from 10/17). Please note that the FOC for this book has been moved up from 9/24 to 9/17. Below is the updated solicit:

• Written by Jason Aaron
      • Penciled by Jorge Molina
      • Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
      • * AVX TIE-IN by the writer of AVX #12.
      • * As the world burns, the Jean Grey School tries to continue on, but that's easier said than done.
      • * One student ends up at the barrel of a gun.
      • 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
      Meaning that #19 will now feature the cover with Sasquatch & Puck on, not #18.

The solicit for #20 also spoils that it's Storm who becomes the new teacher so we won't be seeing Walt & Eugene in the title permenantly.
      Le Messor -
      'foc' ?
      Phil -
      Final Order Cut-off
      Le Messor -
      Thanks!
      Chris -
      Can anyone attending the Canada Fan Expo confirm this news at Bleedingcool.com at the bottom of this article
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/...marvel-events/

"And Alpha Flight characters will join Wolverine And The X-Men from issue 19."

I thought they were just guest stars. Sounds like they are joining book permanently.
      Phil -
      That's been misreported.

The actual quote was:-
      If you're a fan of Alpha Flight, a few characters will be showing up in Wolverine and the X-Men #19, says Lowe.
      https://www.facebook.com/Marvel/app_207261549308871
      Chris -
      Thank you for clarifying that Phil.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      That's been misreported.

The actual quote was:-

https://www.facebook.com/Marvel/app_207261549308871
      Well, one piece of info seems to have been taken from editor-in-chief Alex Alonso, and the other from Lowe. Personally, I hope that they DOnT permanently join. To me, that would just mean breaking up the Alpha Flight team further.
      -K-M- -
      Since the solicts state.....

"WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #18 & 19
      Covers by NICK BRADSHAW
      • One of the students is on death’s door and the faculty must 1) try to keep them alive and 2) find who did it!
      With one of the teachers on the outs, a new one must be hired. Who will it be?
      32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99"

Guess that means Puck won since he is now a member of X-Force? So could Puck be appearing in TWO books as a regular character?
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Since the solicts state.....

"WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #18 & 19
      Covers by NICK BRADSHAW
      With one of the teachers on the outs, a new one must be hired. Who will it be?
      32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99"

Guess that means Puck won since he is now a member of X-Force? So could Puck be appearing in TWO books as a regular character?
      Not necessarily.
      Phil -
      It was revealed it the next month's solicits that Storm is hired as the new teacher.
      but we may well see him floating about occasionally as they're on the same team.