• Alpha Flight Minimates Exclusives at SDCC 2012 *UPDATED*

Action Figure Xpress have released some images on their Facebook page of their new exclusive Alpha Flight Minimates range, available to buy at San Diego Comic Con this year!

Available at Action Figure Xpress Booth 3345! Canada's answer to the Avengers, Alpha Flight is a team of super-powered individuals united by Canada's Department H to deal with threats to their homeland. Led by the battlesuit-clad Guardian, the team also included the aquatic Marrina, the diminutive acrobat Puck and the flying, light-generating mutant Northstar.

For me the highlight of the pack is the removeable heads for Mac, showcasing the Delphine Courtney version of Guardian.

This follows on from last Toy Fair's news that Diamond are releasing a Vindicator & Box Minimates two-pack.

*UPDATE*
    AFX have now released the following information on their website, confirming the removeable heads/hairpiece and hand:

Limited Edition of 3000
    Canada's answer to the Avengers, Alpha Flight is a team of super-powered individuals united by Canada 's Department H to deal with threats to their homeland. Led by the battlesuit-clad Guardian, the team also included the aquatic Marrina, the diminutive acrobat Puck and the flying, light-generating mutant Northstar. Includes bonus heads and hairpiece for Guardian (one to display as James MacDonald Hudson and the other to display as the impostor Delphine Courtney), extra white hairpiece for Northstar, and extra hand to display Puck doing a hand stand!
    The pack can be pre-ordered to be picked up by SDCC attendees here with a limited possibility for any left to be ordered for mailing from July 16th.

Comments 31 Comments
      rplass -
      Yeah, because Northstar can change his hair color at will. That's just a weird.

I'd rather see a toy Marrina with an alternate monsterface face! You know, so she can rip toy Puck's guts open. Now that's fun!
      Flightpath07 -
      You know, so she can rip toy Puck's guts open. Now that's fun!
      Note to self: Don't hire Rob to be the clown at my kid's birthday party...
      Le Messor -
      Note to self: hire Rop to be the clown at my kid's birthday party.

Those look cool!

And, yes, after all these years the Northstar / Aurora hair colour controversy has finally caught up with them!
      Sypes -
      Maybe he and Aurora just decided to dye their hair one night! You know, change look. Just like how Marrina changed her look lately ;p
      Le Messor -
      Maybe it isn't white, but glow-in-the-dark green?
      Phil -
      They're onsale online through AFX now, which may be cheaper than elsewhere:
      http://www.shopafx.com/sdexmamialfl.html
      Phil -
      Quite a nice little write up:

http://portraitofanaddiction.blogspo...8/day-539.html
      Le Messor -
      Ooh! I just realised that's the original (Byrne) comics logo on the packaging! Yay the classics!
      And that positive write-up! yay!

~ Le Messor
      "Is this your wife? What a lovely throat!"
      ~ Nosferatu
      Flightpath07 -
      That IS a nice review!
      rplass -
      http://midtowncomics.tumblr.com/post...midtown-comics

I've seen these at my LCS (which isn't Midtown Comics) along with the NYCC 2012 Series 2 set.

Yes Phil I still have to mail you yours. I'll do it someday.
      Phil -
      Mate, I've still got a packaged up newspaper here for you.
      Getting to a post office is the one thing I never find time to do, so don't stress.