• Hulk #54 Preview

Marvel have released a 4 page preview of next week's Hulk #54, the second issue of the Mayan Rule arc featuring Alpha Flight:

HULK #54
    JEFF PARKER (w) • DALE EAGLESHAM (A&C)
    • MAYAN GODS!!!
    • END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!
    • Guest starring Alpha Flight, Machine Man, She-Hulks, A-Bomb!!!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Comments 8 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      Judd looks a bit more serious. Let's hope he stays that way.
      rplass -
      Darn right, Flightpath07, I'm liking the serious Puck too.
      sengsterooney -
      Woo hoo - the real Puckster is back!
      Flightpath07 -
      Yeah. See, part of my dislike of the way Marvel handles AF, stems from this thought (after having read AF Volume 4);

Is it possible that the only way Marvel would let another (Volume 4, in this case) AF mini be written, was that somebody had to pitch the idea of making AF a big joke? I mean, c'mon; one member (Aurora) is bat-s%&t crazy, one member (Puck) is bat-out-of-heck crazy, one member (Heather) killed her relatives in cold blood and fled, one member (James) is dealing with his wife and daughter fleeing away from him, one member (Marrina) cycles between the personalities of Wolverine and Deadpool, one member (Walter) is Hulk-dumb...need i go on? Seriously, Alpha Flight is a bigger joke now than when Mailman Mike wiped them out off-panel. It seems like Marvel never wants them to be treated seriosuly, never wants them to be a true heavy-hitter, always wants to treat them like the Great Lakes Avengers or something...I'm not impressed.
      Le Messor -
      Did you like v4, Flightpath?

- Le Messor
      "If you wish me to weep, you yourself must first be grief-stricken."
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Did you like v4, Flightpath?

- Le Messor
      "If you wish me to weep, you yourself must first be grief-stricken."
      It IS kind of hard to tell some days, isn't it? lol. I DO like Volume 4, i just keep finding that in hindsight, it still isn't the Flight that i know and want. And as i get older, i find i want my own way more and more, and a substitute just won't do. yet i still appreciate what Fred and Dale and Greg and crew brought to AF. I blame Marvel more than anyone for any ruination of my favourite team, and by Marvel i mean the decision-makers in the suits who sit in the "bored" office.

Stop trying to make AF more 'interesting', Marvel! They are Canadians, which means that they need to follow the cultural identity of Canada; polite, slightly boring people with very little ego who appreciate their country but don't usually brag about it, and don't get involved in much beyond their borders. That sort of stereotypical Canadian attitudes about life is what makes AF, AF. Sometimes i think even Byrne forgot this, as he was so bored by Hudson that he killed him 12 issues into his run.
      Legerd -
      There is no point to having AF in this story if they're just there to be punching bags. What is it with Marvel that they can't seem to grasp that you don't piss on the characters you're trying to sell? Is it any wonder an AF series won't work? Nobody wants to read about them because they're always written to be a bunch of losers.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      I just keep finding that in hindsight, it still isn't the Flight that i know and want. And as i get older, i find i want my own way more and more, and a substitute just won't do.
      I can understand that.

- Le Messor
      "If you write reams of "what if's," you're going to have one or two big hits, even if your average isn't that good."
      ~ Eric Pepke