• Hulk #53 Preview

Marvel have provided a three page preview of next week's Hulk #53 Guest Starring Alpha Flight.

HULK #53
    JEFF PARKER (w) • DALE EAGLESHAM (A&C)
    • MAYAN GODS!!!
    • END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!
    • Guest starring Alpha Flight, Machine Man, She-Hulks, A-Bomb!!!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Comments 26 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Well, looks cool. Except for Dumbsquatch. "Where Thor?" and "No make fun at Sasquatch" are not the intelligent lines i am used to from my furry hero, and i don't like it. As nobody seems surprised at his talk, despite the fact that the next page seems to show possession of some sort, I'd say that Sas is officially still stupified. Don't like that.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Well, looks cool. Except for Dumbsquatch. "Where Thor?" and "No make fun at Sasquatch" are not the intelligent lines i am used to from my furry hero, and i don't like it. As nobody seems surprised at his talk, despite the fact that the next page seems to show possession of some sort, I'd say that Sas is officially still stupified. Don't like that.
      I'm beginning to think that some writers think that's what he's really like.

- Le Messor
      "If you put it off long enough, it might go away."
      Flightpath07 -
      As much as I liked a lot of what Fred Van Lente and Greg Pak did with Alpha Flight, i don't like the dumbing-down of the characters. Puck being a little crazy, that I could handle, IF he was in a regular series where we could then see a gradual progression to regaining his sanity. Walter's alter-ego being stupid...man, have these people not read his infamous clashes with the Hulk?!? Walter was as strong as the Hulk (before Hulk gets really mad, at least), but it was his brains that always allowed him to stay in the battle (although at the time, more often than not it was his brash football jock side that caused him to get into those battles in the first place). Walter being an extremely intelligent beast was what made Sasquatch what he is. As far as the changes to Marrina, i could care less, but she was never a fave of mine anyways. The changes to Heather...again, maybe if they had been allowed to finish their thoughts and follow up on what evil they have wrought in Flight, maybe then i would be more okay with what they did to Heather. As it is, the whole thing seems choppy and forced. The whole series, I mean, all of Volume 4. Makes me wonder if Marvel didn't ask the writers to do something different, make the characters more "interesting", in order to allow them to write the series...who knows?

Anyways, this is slightly off-topic.

The Hulk 53 storyline. Don't like it. Sasquatch too D-U-M.
      rplass -
      Ah, Dale put Aurora in Northstar's costume. Must have been a bad laundry day, you know, with the wedding preparations and all...
      Phil -
      The Sasquatch thing is continuity though.
      This storyline takes place straight after Vol.4 so if Sasquatch were clever again without explanation it wouldn't gel.
      Chances are he'll get fixed within this storyline.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      This storyline takes place straight after Vol.4 so if Sasquatch were clever again without explanation it wouldn't gel.
      But why was he so dumb in the first place? I don't remember an explanation...
      There are a few things we might be able to infer, but I might've liked an explanation for that.

- Le Messor
      "In matters of style, swim with the current;
      in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
      ~ Thomas Jefferson
      Phil -
      I'd imagine that was one of the things they didn't get time to tell.
      Unless Brown's explanation actually was the real reason.
      Alphan East -
      I was really hoping that Sasquatch would be back to normal, with an explanation, by the time this arc started.
      If the writers are thinking that dumbing him down to simply being an orange Hulk is meant for a little humour... I'm not laughing.
      Phil -
      Let's not tar the whole issue based on thre preview pages alone.
      Let's see what Jeff has planned for the 5 issues...
      Phil -
      Watch Val Staples Colour a Hulk page, LIVE!

http://marvel.com/news/story/18815/w...ples_in_action

When it comes to comic book coloring, few do it better than Val Staples, and on Monday, June 4 at 12:00 PM EST, he's giving all of you the unique opportunity to watch his process step-by-step as he puts the finishing touched on an upcoming HULK page drawn by Dale Eaglesham!
      Who knows; it may be a page featuring AF!

(There are also some unlettered #54 preview pages in that article, but none featuring AF)
      -K-M- -
      Im still excited for this regardless of dumb Sasquatch, which may be explained here. Patience folks
      Le Messor -
      Unless Brown's explanation actually was the real reason.
      Sorry... what was that again?
      (I have honestly forgotten.)

- Le Messor
      "If you see my spine anywhere, please feel free to step on it at any time."
      ~ Xander
      Chris -
      Agent Brown's explanation in AF 3 preview pages
      http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=9410
      Flightpath07 -
      The problem with Agent Brown's explanation (besides that fact that Omega Flight showed he isn't the most trustworthy of folk) is that the problem is unfixable. It'll only get worse, not better. Also, why wouldn't it also affect Langkowksi's brain?

I'm not laying any blame for this condition on the fine folks of Hulk # 53. I think it is just something that Fred and Greg and Dale probably would have never introduced, if they had realized that they wouldn't have a chance to address and explain it before the series ended. Therefore, I don't think it is their fault either. I'll only give one hint as to where the blame lays; it sort of rhymes with "narwhale".
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
      Agent Brown's explanation in AF 3 preview pages
      http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=9410
      Oh, yeah, that.

Thanks, Chris!
      DIGGER -
      Lemme guess... on the next page Snowbird turns into an albino Sasquatch and they either duke it out or orange Squatch falls in love.
      (please let me be wrong, PLEASE.)

DIGGER
      Mokole -
      Good AF art.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
      Lemme guess... on the next page Snowbird turns into an albino Sasquatch and they either duke it out or orange Squatch falls in love.
      I have a sneaking suspicion we've seen the next page in the original news item:
      http://alphaflight.net/content.php?5...-on-Mayan-Gods
      Phil -
      Watch Val Staples Colour a Hulk page, LIVE!

http://marvel.com/news/story/18815/w...ples_in_action

Who knows; it may be a page featuring AF!
      Looking at the page; it appears that Rulk is carrying an unconscious Aurora...
      Attachment 2477
      Flightpath07 -
      Looking at the page; it appears that Rulk is carrying an unconscious Aurora...
      Attachment 2477
      Or zombie Rulk is eating Aurora?