• 'This Week In Marvel' Podcast with Mike Perkins

Astonishing X-Men artist Mike Perkins talks to Marvel's Agent M for this week's edition of the podcast, talking about the proposal of Jean-Paul & Kyle.
    http://marvel.com/news/story/18774/t..._x-men_special

Highlights include a hint of fully utilising/developing Northstar's powers and making him more than just the X-Men's speedster...
    Comments 11 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Highlights include a hint of fully utilising/developing Northstar's powers and making him more than just the X-Men's speedster...
      Um... what?
      That sounds like it should be intriguing, but I often find that they mess with things like that just to be messing, and it ends up annoying. Like when Moonstar went from somebody with interesting powers that forced writers to think about their characters to just another energy caster and called it an upgrade. (Later they compromised.) Or Sebastian Shaw in the latest Avengers Academy saying people who think he only absorbs kinetic energy are misinformed (or have read his earliest apperances in the Dark Phoenix saga)...

They just use these things to get rid of limitations and make the characters more generic. So, what'll it be with Northstar?
      Will this be a good development?

We'll see.

- Le Messor
      "Wherever I climb, I am followed by a dog called 'Ego'."
      ~ Nietzsche
      Phil -
      Hopefully it'll just be; "he can actually do more than just run/fly fast."
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Hopefully it'll just be; "he can actually do more than just run/fly fast."
      Hopefully... but I'm also imagining his light powers turning into lasers or something. On his head.

- Le Messor
      "I just want sharks with a frickin' lasers on their heads."
      ~ Dr. Evil
      DIGGER -
      [QUOTE=Le Messor;87462]Hopefully... but I'm also imagining his light powers turning into lasers or something. On his head.

Well he is called Northstar (head=north). If they came out of his butt he would have to change his name.

DIGGER
      Phil -
      Le Messor -
      Phil, I think it was reading an article about that particular fish the other day that prompted me to write that post at this time.

- Le Messor
      "If you make $50,000 today, you have the same buying power as the average coal miner did in 1949, adjusted for taxes and inflation."
      ~ John Sestina, nationally recognized Certified Financial Planner, 1987
      Flightpath07 -
      They did this in the "League of Super Evil" tv series, except it was with a dolphin. It was AWESOME.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      They did this in the "League of Super Evil" tv series, except it was with a dolphin. It was AWESOME.
      Except the shark with a fricken' laser above?
      Not from fiction. They actually put a real laser on a real shark. In the wild.

(They took it off after about 24 hrs, though.)

- Le Messor
      "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before."
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Except the shark with a fricken' laser above?
      Not from fiction. They actually put a real laser on a real shark. In the wild.

(They took it off after about 24 hrs, though.)

- Le Messor
      "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before."
      So THAT is why that last can of tuna i picked up from the store shelves had a hole burned all the way through it...

Seriously? Arming sharks? "What could go wrong with that?"
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Seriously? Arming sharks? "What could go wrong with that?"
      Honestly? The animal could starve. They're stealth hunters, which means attaching a big light to its dorsal fin is a good way to get it seen by its prey.

Now I'm gonna do what I shoulda did ten minutes ago:

For the lulz

But
      seriously,
      folks.

- Le Messor
      "If you make a mistake, you should right it immediately to the best of your ability."