• Astonishing X-Men #51 Variants Revealed

Following on from Tuesday's announcement/confirmation that Northstar and Kyle would be tying the knot in June's Astonishing X-Men #51, Rolling Stone have an exclusive look at Marko Djurdjevic's variant cover to the issue featuring the first kiss of the couple as newlyweds.

The article is probably one of the most respectful of the mainstream press ones so far, mentioning Alpha Flight and acknowledging the character's origins.

Back in 1992, Marvel Comics made headlines by revealing that Northstar, a Canadian superhero associated with Alpha Flight and the X-Men, was gay. Twenty years later, the character is back in the news as he is set to wed his longtime partner Kyle in Astonishing X-Men #51, in stores on June 20th.
    Along side that and the standard Weaver/Rosenberg cover Marvel have released the details for the 'Create Your Own Wedding Variant' by Phil Noto, which also features a snapshot of Namor & Marrina's wedding:

This June, get ready for the wedding of the year with the Astonishing X-Men #51 Create Your Own Wedding Variant! Designed and drawn by fan favorite artist Phil Noto, fans have the chance to frame their own wedding portraits amongst the memorable Marvel marriages of past - OR draw their own! It’s the story that has everyone talking, and this June – witness the landmark marriage of Northstar and Kyle, in style, with the Astonishing X-Men #51 Create Your Own Wedding Variant!

ASTONISHING X-MEN #51 (APR120665)
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #51 CREATE YOUR OWN WEDDING VARIANT (FEB128262)
    Written by MARJORIE LIU
    Art by MIKE PERKINS
    Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
    Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    Create Your Own Wedding Variant also available
    Rated T+ …$3.99
    FOC—5/28/12, On-Sale—6/20/12
    Comments 12 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Hey, cool, double Alpha cover! (With Marrina's wedding, I mean.)

- Le Messor
      "If you insist on waiting for certainty, you will paralyze yourself."
      ~ J.P. Getty
      Sypes -
      Is Kyle taller than Jean-Paul? And is he lifting his leg up ? Paaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas sssssse!
      rplass -
      Marko Djurdjevic's cover is beautiful and important. I see Aurora's pointy ear (great!!) And what a nice touch to have Marrina and Namor's wedding on the blank-ish cover. We really lucked out!
      -K-M- -
      bwaha Professor X and Lilandra wedding pic is...interesting
      Flightpath07 -
      I'm sorry, but that is one of the WORST pictures of Marrina I have ever seen; she looks like one of Captain Kirk's love interests off the original Star Trek series! Yuck!
      Mokole -
      Too bad they didn't do Mac and Heather, but with how Heather is now...
      Phil -
      Well let's face it, only two of those marriages pictured are still together...
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Which two, Phil?...I count three couples that are still married (I could be wrong, of course). I'm kind of bummed about Mac and Heather not making it to this cover (or Snowbird and Doug Thompson?)...Perhaps that would be just too much Alpha Flight (Ha-ha!)?

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
      Is Kyle taller than Jean-Paul? And is he lifting his leg up ? Paaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas sssssse!
      It looks like Jean Paul might be stepping forward, rather than lifting his leg (I hope).

Dana
      Phil -
      Ahhh yeah, my mistake, three it is. Storm & Black Panther are still together but in marriage counseling.
      DIGGER -
      It's too bad that the only other Alphan really visible is Aurora (sure you can see the left side of Guardian) but geez, if it weren't for Alpha, Northstar would still be downhill skiing. I mean c'mon, Sasquatch would kinda stand out in a crowd just because of the colour of his fur alone! And yes it does look like Northstar is lifting his leg not stepping forward. Notice Peter and Mary-Jane aren't on there either (oh wait one more day).

DIGGER
      Le Messor -
      With Iceman up there and all those white flakes, it looks really cold there.

(Give me a break, it's the middle of winter!)

- Le Messor
      "If you live to the age of a hundred, you have it made because very very few people die past the age of a hundred."
      ~ George Burns