• Northstar to propose to Kyle in Astonishing X-Men #50

Today on ABC's The View it was confirmed that the upcoming proposal in tomorrow's Astonishing X-Men #50 is indeed from Jean-Paul to Kyle.

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg broke the news:

Whoopi - "Marvel is making history with a comic hitting newsstands tomorrow. In Astonishing X-Men #50, openly gay X-Man Northstar wil propose to his boyfriend Kyle, with a gay wedding to follow in an upcoming issue. That's kinda fantastic."
    Elisabeth - "That's good."
    Whoopi - "You know what I love about this? When I was a kid and bought these magazines, you never saw an array of people. Now there are black people there, gay people there ... it's kind of amazing."
    Barbara - "Good for them."

The double-spread Weaver/Rosenberg cover for #51 was shown, featuring Alpha Flight characters and is now online thanks to Marvel:

Comments 28 Comments
      Sypes -
      Amazing! Too bad this isn't drawn by Dale! But the last pic is pretty nice considering the two first ones.
      Phil -
      I'm getting a few blank covers and my aim is to get Dale to draw one for me!
      Sypes -
      I hope you are able to score that! No one, in my mind, could do it better justice!
      Mokole -
      They covered this on CBC AS It Happens, kind of wondered why they didn't ask why the event wasn't in Canada, with them being Canadian and all. And where's Marrina, I can see the rest of AF, Puck is easy with Kyle's parents.
      Phil -
      Marrina's just behind Puck, next to Rogue.
      Flightpath07 -
      Iceman's ice-slidey-thingy being directly over the crowd of onlookers seems a little dangerous; if it is hot out there, pieces of ice could drop down and hurt somebody! That is just irresponsible.

Art looks nice.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by The View View Post
      Whoopi - "Marvel is making history with a comic hitting newsstands tomorrow. In Astonishing X-Men #50, openly gay X-Man Northstar wil propose to his boyfriend Kyle, with a gay wedding to follow in an upcoming issue. That's kinda fantastic."
      Elisabeth - "That's good."
      Whoopi - "You know what I love about this? When I was a kid and bought these magazines, you never saw an array of people. Now there are black people there, gay people there ... it's kind of amazing."
      Barbara - "Good for them."
      I've never seen The View. Is that really all it is? A bunch of people bending backwards to say how they're on the latest left-wing cause-du-jour, all hopping on the bandwagon to agree with each other?

I'm reminding of the Family Guy (I think) version, where they all turn into chickens...

- Le Messor
      "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it."
      -K-M- -
      Well the proposal didnt go as planned haha.
      Mokole -
      OK, I see her now. Nice to see Judd up front. Nice image of him. Would be cool to see him get his own miniseries.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I've never seen The View. Is that really all it is? A bunch of people bending backwards to say how they're on the latest left-wing cause-du-jour, all hopping on the bandwagon to agree with each other?
      - Le Messor
      The answer to that is somewhat subjective, but to be succinct; yes.

But they do MORE than that; they also regularly bash the right-wing politicians (or those in favour of them), and yell loudly (is there any other way?) over top of anybody who disagrees with them.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      and yell loudly over top of anybody who disagrees with them.
      Ah, I recognise that. That's tolerance of all viewpoints, that is. One of the favourite left bandwagons!

- Le Messor
      "People don't ever seem to realise that doing what's right is no guarantee against misfortune."
      ~ William McFee
      Phil -
      A bit of a difference from the news when Northstar came out:

(With thanks to The X-Nation Podcast)
      Le Messor -
      Ewww!! Nineties art! Take it away! Take it away! Bake it away, toys!

- Le Messor
      "The most wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed."
      ~ Nicolas Chamfort
      Alphan East -
      Great wrap-around cover... nice to see all the Alphans there. I'm not seeing Madison though... is he in this shot ?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
      Great wrap-around cover... nice to see all the Alphans there. I'm not seeing Madison though... is he in this shot ?
      From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
      That Dustin Weaver wraparound cover is amazing. I see Wolverine and all the current members of Alpha Flight.., but where is Madison Jeffries on the cover?
      Doubt he will be there, as he is on Team Cyclops and seems no one from Cyclops X-Men is there.
      I see Dr Nemesis standing behind Wolverine. If Northstar showed up for Madison's bachelor party, the least Madison could do is show up for Northstar's wedding. Unless Jeffries is lying unconscious in a sewer underneath the Avengers Academy?
      So, looks like nobody's seen him.

- Le Messor
      "Drama is life with the dull bits cut out."
      ~ Alfred Hitchcock
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Ah, I recognise that. That's tolerance of all viewpoints, that is. One of the favourite left bandwagons!

- Le Messor
      Frankly, both the left and the right do the same thing (bashing the opposition, lying about the opposition, yelling louder than the opposition, claiming intolerance from the opposition, etc...) and accuse each other of being guilty of it, while denying they're the ones doing it too.

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      OMG...The Beast and Dazzler are holding hands (they were sort of a couple briefly, so I just thought that was cute).

Dana
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      Frankly, both the left and the right do the same thing (bashing the opposition, lying about the opposition, yelling louder than the opposition, claiming intolerance from the opposition, etc...) and accuse each other of being guilty of it, while denying they're the ones doing it too.
      I didn't say otherwise.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post

Dana
      Well, at least there is SOME truth in their advertising. I mean, the show IS called The View, so if you tune in, you are getting the viewpoints of the hosts.