• Northstar to propose to Kyle in Astonishing X-Men #50

Today on ABC's The View it was confirmed that the upcoming proposal in tomorrow's Astonishing X-Men #50 is indeed from Jean-Paul to Kyle.

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg broke the news:

Whoopi - "Marvel is making history with a comic hitting newsstands tomorrow. In Astonishing X-Men #50, openly gay X-Man Northstar wil propose to his boyfriend Kyle, with a gay wedding to follow in an upcoming issue. That's kinda fantastic."
    Elisabeth - "That's good."
    Whoopi - "You know what I love about this? When I was a kid and bought these magazines, you never saw an array of people. Now there are black people there, gay people there ... it's kind of amazing."
    Barbara - "Good for them."

The double-spread Weaver/Rosenberg cover for #51 was shown, featuring Alpha Flight characters and is now online thanks to Marvel:

Comments 28 Comments
      rplass -
      LOL we made it into TIME Magazine. Read all about it including a scan of the blurb:

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpres...ts-about-time/
      Phil -
      When I saw that, I thought you meant this site!
      rplass -
      Heh, no. I meant the royal "we", or the "we" which means "fans of Northstar and Kyle".

Trust me, if alphaflight.net made it into TIME magazine, it would be on the front page of the site, not buried in an comment on an archived news piece from last month!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      When I saw that, I thought you meant this site!
      Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Trust me, if alphaflight.net made it into TIME magazine, it would be on the front page of the site
      Good point.

Wait... this site has a front page?

- Le Messor
      "It makes all the difference whether you hear an insect in the bedroom or in the garden."
      ~ Robert Lynd
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Wait... this site has a front page?

- Le Messor
      Yes, it is right before the bibliography.
      Le Messor -
      Oh, there it is! Hey, interview with Jeff Parker.

I always go straight to see what threads are updating...

- Le Messor
      "Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key."
      ~ Alan Bennett
      Phil -
      If any of you listen to the Stern show:

axel alonso@axelalonsomarvI'll be on GEEKTIME! today around 1:15, discussing #AVX, Spider-Men and Northstar's wedding. @sternshow #H101

Stern Show@sternshowIt’s GEEKTIME! on #H101 - w/ @DamonLindelof , Marvel EIC @AxelAlonsoMarv an E3 update from @benbarto & more! Call in 888-STERN-101
      Flightpath07 -
      Daniel Stern has a show?!!??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Stern_(actor)