• Alpha Flight Classic Volume 3 Details

Bleeding Cool have gotten a look at Marvel's Hachette Book Distribution catalogue for the last third of 2012 and it features a listing for Alpha Flight Classic Vol.3 TPB which begins the Mantlo era of AF.

Listed for November, this is the catalogue for direct book store sales such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders etc. so Direct Market Comic stores usually have the books several months earlier though Diamond, so possibly an August or September release for this.

Also listed are the previously mentioned Astonishing X-Men: Northstar HC and the Red Hulk:Mayan Ruin (probable typo there) TPB
    Comments 31 Comments
      Phil -
      Oooh... The Marvel Fanfare pin-up is a nice touch. I wouldn't have thought of that.
      I suppose Marvel don't own the Amazing Heroes content as that would have been apt.
      rplass -
      What Amazing Heroes content are you referring to?
      Alphan East -
      Also, between issues #27 & #28, there is the 3-page shot from Secret Wars II, issue #4, showing how the Beyonder rescued Talisman from Shaman's pouch.
      All the extras are great... I especially enjoyed the Ken Steacy Guardian shot, always liked his artwork.
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
      Also, between issues #27 & #28, there is the 3-page shot from Secret Wars II, issue #4, showing how the Beyonder rescued Talisman from Shaman's pouch.
      Oh yeah and that too. Thanks! Otherwise you'd be a bit confuzzled about how she got out I bet!
      Le Messor -
      Wow, they really went all-out on that one!

~ Le Messor
      "It is difficult to soar with eagles when you work with turkeys."
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      What Amazing Heroes content are you referring to?
      The Byrne/Mignola jam cover & the article regardiong the switch.
      rplass -
      Ah, you mean the cover of Amazing Heroes #76. The article was 9pp long. Yeah it would have been nice to include but they just as easily could have included content from Marvel Age (which they do own), instead we got the farewell letter page, oh well.
      Flightpath07 -
      Anybody know if there is any traffic on the JB Forums about AF Classics Vol III?
      Flightpath07 -
      Thanx; interesting stuff.
      Le Messor -
      First thing I read on the forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Love View Post
      Really wish they wouldn't re-color the artwork for the covers. Pretty much shows off why I hate much of today's coloring
      Seriously? I thought I was the only comics reader in the world who does.
      ... though for completely different reasons.
      (Also, it's interesting to see Byrne commenting on it. Isn't he colour-blind?)

Also, the Sanitarium never came up again - it had nothing to do with Tamarind Island.

~ Le Messor
      "It is good for an uneducated young man to read books of quotations."
      ~ Winston Churchill