• Astonishing X-Men #50 Variant Revealed *UPDATED*

This May, with fans all over the world wondering who will say “I Do” – Marvel is proud to present your first look at superstar artist, John Cassaday’s jaw-dropping variant to Astonishing X-Men #50! Join us for this momentous occasion as this landmark issue not only celebrates an anniversary, but sets up a major turning point for two characters! Fans can’t miss out on Astonishing X-Men #50, available in comic shops, on the Marvel Comics app, and Marvel Digital Comics Shop this May!

ASTONISHING X-MEN #50
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #50 CASSADAY VARIANT
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #50 CASSADAY SKETCH VARIANT
    Written by MARJORIE LIU
    Art by MIKE PERKINS
    Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
    Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Sketch Variant Also Available
    Rated T+...$3.99
    FOC – 4/30/12, ON SALE –5/23/12

UPDATE -

Bleeding Cool have announced that Marvel will be releasing Astonishing X-Men #50 one day early on Tuesday 22nd May because of the massive media coverage surrounding the proposal:-
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...one-day-early/

More on Re-orders for #50 from Bleeding Cool:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/...ers-massively/
    Comments 27 Comments
      rplass -
      Cassaday draws Northstar wearing Aurora's costume! Sigh. Maybe in the sketch variant he'll be wearing his own clothes.
      Chris -
      Well that's because it's not actually Jean-Paul, it's Jean-Claude! But seriously, John Cassaday is not the first artist to put the starburst on the wrong hip. I wish editors would spot these kinds of names and drawing mistakes.
      Le Messor -
      The wrong hip thing is understandable, at least... but the name! And, it happened halfway through an issue!

- Le Messor
      "The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. The cure of it is occupation."
      ~ G.B. Shaw
      mreeez -
      This should be happening in an Alpha Flight book, not an X-Men book. Just sayin'...
      Phil -
      If it did it'd have about 20,000 less readers.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      If it did it'd have about 20,000 less readers.
      Ouch!

True, but 'ouch'. Plus, Pointer would probably wander through the precedings, muttering about how unfair his life is, and everybody there would want to help him with his problems and forget completely about what else was going on. Everything else would DEFINITELY happen off-panel.
      TSOG -
      Pointer cries at weddings, I'm sure.

I mean, he must, since he cries at everything else.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Lol!
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      Lol!
      My thoughts exactly!
      DIGGER -
      But wouldn't it be interesting to have Alpha Flight at the wedding and have them see Pointer there and beat the living crap out of him for relegating them to an off panel demise. That ought to give him something to cry about (plus the fact that I would really like to see Guardian lose all control and put his suit to the test with no holding back). I don't think anyone would argue that this could even possibly be out of character considering what Alpha was put through.

DIGGER
      Alphan East -
      I would LOVE to see Mac wail on Pointer for about 5 pages... hard to cry when you're unconscious.
      -K-M- -
      The Pointer hate is strong in these ones,....goooooooooood! give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
      I would LOVE to see Mac wail on Pointer for about 5 pages... hard to cry when you're unconscious.
      Yup, I second, third, and infinty this idea!
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      The Pointer hate is strong in these ones,....goooooooooood! give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
      King Mungi, I am your father...
      Phil -
      Getting back on track a second

Next week's X-Position over at CBR is with Marjorie Liu, writer of Astonishing X-Men, so to ask her any questions e-mail 'george@comicbookresources.com' with 'X-Position' in the subject line.
      Let's see if we can get some Northstar/AF related queries out there.
      Phil -
      In a bizarre twist, a second printing of #50 has been announced for May 23rd, the day after the first print comes out and the day the first printing was originally due out... which is a week before the second print of #49 is out...

I know that this issue was under ordered and that they're expecting a lot of press, but this is just bizarre, pure and simple.

Either that or Diamond have messed up.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/955
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      In a bizarre twist, a second printing of #50 has been announced for May 23rd, the day after the first print comes out and the day the first printing was originally due out... which is a week before the second print of #49 is out...

I know that this issue was under ordered and that they're expecting a lot of press, but this is just bizarre, pure and simple.

Either that or Diamond have messed up.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/955
      They are releasing it a day early like they did with AvX#1 as an option for retailers who want to hold events the day before. It's not a 2nd printing on the 23rd.

My LCS had an "event" for AvX#1 which, despite much advanced planning and elaborate marketing, turned out to be fans hurriedly grabbing a copy, paying and running out. They sold a lot of copies but the same people came back the next day for the usual Wednesday trip. They won't be doing any Tuesday night events after that.
      Phil -
      No, I understand the early release, but look at the link at the date of the 2nd printing.
      rplass -
      Looking at it. They messed up unless they are printing two versions, one for the early release and one for the Wednesday release and they're calling the Wednesday release the 2nd printing, ???? That is very unlikely.