• Astonishing X-Men #48 Preview

Marvel have released a 4 page preview of next week's Astonishing X-Men #48, the first issue featuring Northstar on the team.
    • New Creative Team! Best-Selling Author Marjorie Liu And Mike Perkins (The Stand).
    • The X-Men Return To New York City, But It’s Not A Social Call.
    • Don’t Miss The First Chapter Of What Will Be The Most Controversial Story Of 2012!

Comments 17 Comments
      Sypes -
      Dear Northstar looks a little tired in this issue... a lot on his mind?
      rplass -
      I see pointy ears!

yay!

Have no idea what is happening there otherwise.
      sengsterooney -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      I see pointy ears!

yay!

Have no idea what is happening there otherwise.
      Mysterious opening. Northstar in tears. Character driven storyline. Featuring an (ex) Alpha Flight member. Wow! I'm sold!
      -K-M- -
      Phew! Thank goodness for Northstar's superspeed, to grab the dead body and use it as a barrier (and STILL get tagged) rather then...you know...dodge the attack itself.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Phew! Thank goodness for Northstar's superspeed, to grab the dead body and use it as a barrier (and STILL get tagged) rather then...you know...dodge the attack itself.
      I agree, he should be able to dodge Logan's leap and be out of the way of Gambit's cards before they even got near him...Perhaps he has other things on his mind?

BTW: Why the hell is he even running? Why run through sewer water, when you can fly over it? Writers just don't seem to get that Northstar and Aurora are really speedster fliers, not speedster runners....Then again, maybe he's not using his powers here...Could they be on the fritz?

Also: I see he's back to wearing those awful strappy things on his arms and legs...Ugh. Imagine the noise those straps make.."whippity-whappity-whippity-whippity!", also imagine the bruises they possibly cause whipping back and forth against his body at superspeed....I never figured Jean Paul as being into S&M.

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Wait...Is that Storm on the first cover? That costume is hideous, whoever it is wearing it.

Dana
      -K-M- -
      No, that's Kid Gladiator's "bodyguard" Warbird
      -K-M- -
      Yeah maybe Northstar's powers are on the fritz as he is not even causing waves running on water which would happen if he was moving at super speed. Most likely he is just jobbing
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Yeah maybe Northstar's powers are on the fritz as he is not even causing waves running on water which would happen if he was moving at super speed. Most likely he is just jobbing
      Probably...Ugh! Northstar would definitely be creating a lot of sewer splash if he were moving at superspeed.

Dana
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
      Dear Northstar looks a little tired in this issue... a lot on his mind?
      Perkins's style worked really well in The Stand; but I think that's what causes tired Northstar syndrome here.

- Le Messor
      "If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown too?"
      DIGGER -
      Just read the issue. Seems that Northstar has a new physical feature...his left ear is pointy while his right is rounded (see page 12). Is this just because Aurora now has 2 different coloured eyes ? Also, and maybe I'm just being nitpicky but why (also on page 12 and for the rest of the issue) does his name change from Jean-Paul to JEAN-CLAUDE. Is this the American translation Paul=Claude? And lastly I have to agree fully with Dana about the costume. What is the point of those straps or what ever they are and why do they feel the need to change the star like design of the whole costume (okay put the "X" target right where the heart is but LEAVE THE REST OF THE OUTFIT ALONE!). He looks awesome on the cover...keep that look (yeah I know the cover artist is not the interior artist but geez, a little continuity in a single issue can't be that much to ask for can it? Well I guess I'll just go have my 4th cup of coffee and try to relax.

DIGGER

BTW I used nit-picky on its own and didn't add anal retentive because I was worried I'd get them mixed up (who wants to be known as nit-retentive or anal picky).
      Flightpath07 -
      I have to agree with Digger; it's never good to be known as nit-retentive.
      DIGGER -
      Quote Originally Posted by flightpath07 View Post
      i have to agree with digger; it's never good to be known as nit-retentive.
      bwa-ha-ha!

Digger:d
      Le Messor -
      Still better than anal-picky.

M
      I
      N
      O
      R

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

There's a bit where Jean-Paul-Claude-Ringo is acting all lovey-dovey with Kyle, then answers the phone with 'What the hell do you want, Wolverine?'.
      At first, the sudden switch threw me, but then I realised that it was sooooooo in character for him!

- Le Messor
      "All work no matter how menial is a worthwhile endeavour."
      ~ Terry Steer
      Chris -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      There's a bit where Jean-Paul-Claude-Ringo is acting all lovey-dovey with Kyle, then answers the phone with 'What the hell do you want, Wolverine?'.
      At first, the sudden switch threw me, but then I realised that it was sooooooo in character for him!
      Kinda like back in AF 18 vol 1 when Northstar told off Heather and hung up the phone on her.
      Le Messor -
      Yep!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
      And lastly I have to agree fully with Dana about the costume. What is the point of those straps or what ever they are and why do they feel the need to change the star like design of the whole costume (okay put the "X" target right where the heart is but LEAVE THE REST OF THE OUTFIT ALONE!).
      I agree, plus the "X" makes a nice target for Logan...Sigh.

Dana