• Marvel June 2012 Solicits

Marvel have released their Solicitations for the month of June 2012, containing the following titles featuring Alpha Flight/related characters:-

HULK #53 & 54
    JEFF PARKER (w) • DALE EAGLESHAM (A&C)
    • MAYAN GODS!!!
    • END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!
    • Guest starring Alpha Flight, Machine Man, She-Hulks, A-Bomb!!!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ ...$2.99 (EACH)

ASTONISHING X-MEN #51
    MARJORIE LIU (w) • MIKE PERKINS (a)
    Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
    Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

ALPHA FLIGHT: THE COMPLETE SERIES BY GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE TPB
    Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE
    Penciled by BEN OLIVER & DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Canada’s greatest super-team reunites to face a threat unlike any other! The original Alpha Flight is resurrected from the dead — but the Canada they return to looks a lot different than the one they left, as a new political regime rises to power and brands Alpha Flight traitors! As Vindicator leads a team of villains against her former teammates, Alpha Flight embraces their outlaw status by joining forces with the mercenary Taskmaster. Can the besieged team reclaim the Canadian government from the fascist forces that have overtaken it? And will partnering with such a compromised cohort prove to be a pact with the devil? Be there as Canada’s champions battle to release their fellow citizens from the aftermath of FEAR ITSELF and win back the True North, strong and free! Collecting ALPHA FLIGHT (2011) #0.1 and #1-8.
    208 PGS./Rated T+ ...$29.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6283-4
    *Please note this replaces the previously solicited TPB containing #0.1-4*

X-MEN: X-CLUB TPB
    Written by SIMON SPURRIER
    Penciled by PAUL DAVIDSON
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    “WE DO SCIENCE!” In the wake of SCHISM, the members of the X-Men’s Science Team take it upon themselves to make a gesture of goodwill on behalf of mutantkind and better the world — using SCIENCE. But just as construction of the X-Club’s state-of-the-art space elevator nears completion, chaos erupts! And it appears to the world that mutants are to blame. Can Dr. Nemesis, Madison Jeffries, Kavita Rao and Danger clear the X-Men’s name before their experiment backfires? Don’t miss the story that will surely change how you look at the X-Men and the Periodic Table of Elements FOREVER! Collecting X-CLUB #1-5.
    120 PGS./Rated T+ ...$16.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6443-2
    Comments 18 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      I don't think I will be purchasing the Trade of Greg, Dale, and Fred's run. At one time, i was planning on it, but finances are just too tight. Besides, its not like sales are going to be high enough on it to force Marvel into another Flight title. Thta being said, I hope it sells well, especially to those folks who did not pick up the series to begin with. As for me, i already have all 9 issues, including 2 copies of the first 7, and one 'very expensive' variant cover of issue # 5; good enough for me.
      Phil -
      Yeah, between buying 4 copies of each issue and the Premier HC of 0.1-4, I won't be ordering the TPB through my LCS.

I'll probably get it through amazon or something later down the line when it's on sale, but I really can't justify it now.
      Flightpath07 -
      Phil, I thought I read that the Trade of issues 0.1-8 was replacing the previously advertised 0.1-4 HC ?
      Phil -
      Replacing the previously advertised Trade PaperBack, rather than the Premier HardCover which is already out.
      TSOG -
      Do they still not want us to see the cover to Astonishing X-Men 51?

First mainstream comic same-gender cover kiss (I assume) so they want to keep under wraps?
      Phil -
      #48 which is the first issue of Liu's run comes out next week, so I'd imagine after that we might get to see it.

PLUS there's no guarantee yet it is JP & Kyle.
      TSOG -
      It's probably more the latter than the former. Even if it IS the two of them, it hasn't been officially announced as of yet and it WILL draw attention so they probably want to have some control over that.

Otherwise, I see no point in holding the cover. Lots of books change creative teams and still show future covers in solicitations.
      Phil -
      Yeah, but if #51's cover spoils a plot point from #48 it means less people will buy #48.
      For all we know #48 has the proposal of whoever the marriage is between.
      batman_von_gein -
      issue #5 had a variant?
      Phil -
      No, just 1-4 and 8.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein View Post
      issue #5 had a variant?
      Sorry, I misspoke. Issue 4. (Thanx Phil)
      batman_von_gein -
      ok thanx lol was worried i missed an issue
      Phil -
      It's a shame that X-Club isn't getting the Premier HC treatment, as I really enjoyed it.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      It's a shame that X-Club isn't getting the Premier HC treatment, as I really enjoyed it.
      It's way too recent for the Premiere editions, but it could've got HC still. (I can't think of any that were post 90s... but that could be a combo of not remembering and not knowing. Marvel Knights Fantastic Four 1-2-3-4? When was that?)

- Le Messor
      "If we die in here, I'm gonna kick your ass, I mean it."
      ~ Cordelia
      Phil -
      Not the Premiere Classics, just a Premiere HC.
      Le Messor -
      I don't read past the word Premiere. See, I can type anything here and get away with it! Mik sucks, Mik sucks!
      Phil -
      Still no further details on the 'Build Your Own' Variant of #51:
      http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=STK468770
      Phil -
      BIG week next week, with ALL of the titles listed above coming out on the same day! (Except Hulk #53 which is already out, obviously)