• X-Men Solicits for March 2012

Marvel have released an early look at the solicitations for it's X-family titles:
    http://marvel.com/news/story/17839/first_look_x-men_march_solicitations

ASTONISHING X-MEN #48
    WRITER: Marjorie Liu
    ARTIST: Mike Perkins
    Cover By Dustin Weaver
    Amazing Spider-Man 50Th Anniversary Variant By Tba
    • New Creative Team! Best-Selling Author Marjorie Liu And Mike Perkins (The Stand)
    • The X-Men Return To New York City, But It’s Not A Social Call
    • Don’t Miss The First Chapter Of What Will Be The Most Controversial Story Of 2012!
    32 Pgs./Rated T+ …$3.99

X-MEN LEGACY #264
    WRITER: Christos Gage
    ARTIST: Rafa Sandoval
    Cover By Mark Brooks
    • Featuring Mimic And Weapon Omega!
    • Weapon Omega Is A Mutant Time Bomb, Ready To Explode…And He’s Just Shown Up On The Doorstep Of The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning. How Will The X-Men Disarm Him Before He Detonates?
    32 Pgs./Rated T+ …$2.99

X-CLUB #4 (Of 4)
    WRITER: Simon Spurrier
    ARTIST: Paul Davidson
    Cover By Rodin Esquejo
    • The X-Club Fights Nazis! With Science!
    • And The Villain Responsible For Framing The X-Men Is Revealed…
    32 Pgs./Rated T+ …$2.99

UPDATE:
    April's Solicits give us #264's Cover:
    Comments 10 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Oh that Weapon Omega. At first I thought it had nothing to do with AF, 'til I saw the pic.

- Le Messor
      "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."
      ~ L.P. Harley
      Phil -
      Yeah, I know most people hate him, but he's AF-related canon now.
      Chris -
      Hopefully he's AF cannon fodder soon. Just joking. X-Men Legacy's new creative team of Christos Gage and David Baldeon has been good so far so I will check out issue 264.
      Le Messor -
      I've been enjoying Gage's Avengers Academy.

- Le Messor
      "If it happens, it must be possible."
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I've been enjoying Gage's Avengers Academy.

- Le Messor
      "If it happens, it must be possible."
      So was I, until they started getting preachy with the sexuality thing. I dropped it at that point. i don't want other people's feelings and opinions thrust on me; I want entertaining comic stories. Not meaning to start any great debates, just saying that i felt that was something interjected into the Academy stories that i didn't need, so i decided to cancel.
      Le Messor -
      I haven't read #23, but the ones after that barely mention it. I only know about it at all from the letters page.

- Le Messor
      "If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well."
      ~ Donald Hebb
      Flightpath07 -
      Academy was darn good writing and entertaining stories and characters. Along about issue # 20, it started to veer off for me. Never recaptured what it had lost, in my humble opinion.
      Le Messor -
      I've only read selections from it, so can't really comment about that.

- Le Messor
      "If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?"
      Chris -
      I've only been following Avengers Academy since issue 21 so I can't compare prior issues. The art has been good but I haven't liked the characters enough yet to pick up previous issues. I do plan on buying it at least through issue 30.
      Flightpath07 -
      Well, I highly recommend issue 1-20 or so. Some of the best characters and best writing of said characters i have seen in a LONG time. IMHO, it was the best team book since the early days of West Coast Avengers.