• The Return of Alpha Flight.net

Puck PeekingHello all,

As you may have noticed AF.net was down for a prolonged period. I'd like to take a moment to explain. The site was hacked, and many instances of Malware were coded into the site's software. Several times I thought it was resolved, only to have the site suspended again for contiued problems. I spent a long time digging trough the files to clean the site up. Just when I up to my eyballs in code, I developed some health problems that forced me to put the site on the backburner. I'm feeling much better now, and have finally gotten a shell of the site back up. I'll keep working to fully restore the site over the next while. Thanks for your patience, and welcome back!

Ben

--
    I've endeavored to get as much of the content we missed up as possible. There's some tweaking and formatting to be done and then some more pieces to go up, but I've reached March.
    Highlights are:
    Northstar joining Astonishing X-Men & POSSIBLY MARRYING KYLE?!
    Box/Vindicator Minimate figures

I've also got the interview with Si Spurrier, writer of X-Club to go up, which I may keep for the TPB release, and also a competition to go with the site relaunch.

Ben's put a lot of hard work into getting us back, and we've got a lot more to come. Thanks for sticking with us.

Phil
    Comments 24 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      I approve of this post.
      Le Messor -
      Good.

Um...
      Not good that it happened, but good that it's being worked on. I haven't been able to post in ages.

You're posting now.

No I'm not!
      ... Okay, but I'm doing it from work, which I prefer to avoid. It probably means it's been fixed?

- Le Messor
      "There won't be another full moon for months!"
      ~ some movie (She-Wolf of London?)
      Ben -
      Seems google doesn't think we are evil anymore! So you may notice some things looking different on the site with the software update. I'll tweak it over the next few days.
      Flightpath07 -
      Awww...and here I thought that the new look was an early Christmas gift to us all!
      kingdomofevan -
      Glad to hear all systems are nominal again.
      Alphan East -
      Happy to see the site back up and running... I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms.
      swh_comicguy -
      Glad to see the site is back up!Talk about bad timing! Alpha Flight Ongoing cancelled, then AlphaFlight.net hacked!Everyone is against Alpha Flight fans!
      bigbloo -
      Glad to see AF.net back!
      Garry/Al-Fan -
      Glad Ben is feeling better and I'm glad the .net is back. Let the dissecting begin!
      Flightpath07 -
      Yay! We're back! Awesome work, Ben; thanx SO much! And a big "Hello, how are ya, I missed ya" to all my friends here!
      sengsterooney -
      Woo hoo! We're back. Thanks Ben - an awesome effort!
      rplass -
      Oh, the site was down? Hadn't noticed...Why don't people tell me these things?
      maniac mike -
      Glad this site is up and running again Ben!
      Le Messor -
      Yayyy!!!
      So glad it's back.

Good work everybody involved.

- Le Messor
      "A primitive artist is an amateur wose work sells."
      ~ Grandma Moses
      Sypes -
      Sweet! Great job Ben! Glad to be up and running again!
      Banshee -
      Great! Welcome back. Alpha Flight flies again!
      Legerd -
      Hey folks, good to see all of you again. It's been waaaaay too long. Glad to hear you're doing better Ben. Stay healthy! Great job getting AF.net back online.
      sylum69 -
      Congrats on getting the site back up! I'm sure it took a lot of work. I, for one, really appreciate it!
      DelBubs -
      Excellent! Brilliant to see AF.net back up. Cheers Ben, thanks for all the hard work.
      GallifreyNerd -
      Woo-hoo! Just in time for your birthday. Nicely done.