• X-Men: Destiny Released

This week saw the videogame X-Men: Destiny released on XBox 360, PS3, Wii & DS.
    Within the game a (non-playable) version of Northstar is featured.

The official website for the game features a brief description and look at Jean-Paul; http://www.herohq.com/xmendestiny/characters#North_Star

The game is based on a story by long-term X-Men scribe Mike Carey, who gave us the Northstar & Aurora stories in X-Men:Supernovas and it's following Annual.

Comments 5 Comments
      Sypes -
      Not the best picture of Northstar... looks like my handsome man got a bad plastic surgery or something. Still excited about the game though
      Le Messor -
      I like the costume redesign, though.

Him himself? He's a computer game character, going through design for low resolution. It happens.

- Le Messor
      "If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?"
      Phil -
      Anyone ever pick this up?
      I managed to find a cheap copy the other day so ordered it to give me something to do while I'm stuck at home.

It's a prety simple, easy game. Doesn't take long to complete, even with all the missions and collectibles.

Northstar appears in it a few times; the first battle he helps you with is fairly quick and he just helps attack enemies with blasts of light.
      The second time you meet him he's there a bit longer and he also flies about a bit as he defeats enemies. You then get to talk to him about being a skier at the Olympics and his general snarky-ness.
      He then gives you an optional challenge where you can help him destroy Sentinel tech while he keeps the enemies busy.
      On the second to last mission if you chose to join the X-Men over the Brotherhood, Northstar gets mindcontrolled (as does Nighcrawler) and you have to fight him, whilst destroying the mind-crontolling-frequency speakers. This gets you an achievement.

There's a Collectible bio for Northstar to be found, as well as his Offensive, Defensive and Utility powers and Suit.

All in all, not a bad showing; definitely on par with all the other X-Men in it. Though no mention of being gay or of Alpha Flight.

I'll try and grab some pics later.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Northstar appears in it a few times; the first battle he helps you with is fairly quick
      Well, of course! You know his powers!

- Le Messor
      "In Fort Madison, Iowa, the fire department must practice for fifteen minutes before attending a fire."
      ~ alleged real law
      Phil -
      I meant to post this last year:
      Attachment 3093