• X-Club #1 (of 5) Solicitation

After the recent X-Men Regenesis teasers giving the new teams for the X-books post Schism, Alpha Flight fans were left wondering as to the fate of Madison Jeffries given he wasn't available for use within Volume 4 (and to Northstar's two team status).

Today Marvel has released a first look at December's X-Men Solicitations which includes the following Solicit:

X-CLUB #1 (of 5)

Written by Simon Spurrier

Penciled by Paul Davidson
    Cover by Nick Bradshaw
    “WE DO SCIENCE!”
    In the wake of SCHISM, the X-Men’s Science Team takes it upon themselves to make a gesture of goodwill on behalf of mutantkind and better the world…using SCIENCE. But just as construction of the X-Club’s state of the art space elevator nears completion, chaos erupts! And it appears to the world that mutants are to blame. Can Dr. Nemesis, Madison Jeffries, Kavita Rao and Danger clear the X-Men’s name before their experiment backfires? Don’t miss this new limited series that will surely change how you look at the X-Men and the Periodic Table of Elements FOREVER!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Written by the capable hands of Si Spurrier who was responsible for the X-Club's outings in X-Men: Blind Science (with art by Paul Davidson too), X-Men: Smoke & Blood and the splash page bio in the Origins of Marvel: X-Men Oneshot, this limited series should please any Jeffries fans.

Keep your eyes on AlphaFlight.net in the forthcoming months for an interview with Si Spurrier, and to whet your appetite here's what he told us on twitter:

it is my great hope that you guys are going to be very pleased with some developments in this series...
    Let the speculation begin!
    Comments 26 Comments
      DIGGER -
      I never really cared too much for the Heather/Madisson pairing. It was about that time that he went from being the ordinary looking, blue collar type worker into a G.Q. model featured kind of guy. I like the fact that when J.B. started Alpha that it had ordinary-looking people who could do extraordinary things. It was a bonus charm quality to the book.

DIGGER
      Flightpath07 -
      "I really don't thing his time with Heather needs rehashing."

Whereas, i really think Mac should have hit him. Seriously. It'd be a more 'real' reaction, than not having one.
      Phil -
      I dunno.
      If I were Mac I wouldn't be fussed; Mac was presumed dead, Heather didn't just jump straight into bed with Madison, she grieved for a fairly long period of time and they were both over with by the time Mac came back on the scene and haven't done anything since.
      If I died I'd want my wife to be happy, and for a good man & friend to look after her.
      Madison's always been attracted to strong women and he fell for Heather in Vindicator the leader mode but eventually went back to Lil.
      I don't think Mac would be angry at him for it.

The Puck situation at the end of Vol.2 is much more awkward.
      Le Messor -
      I'd think Mac would react; though, like Phil, I wouldn't say by hitting Maddison. Necessarily.

Then again, have they met since Mac's return from the dead?
      Can't think of any time, off the top of my head.

- Le Messor
      Anya, on cursing guys:
      "I'd make them ugly, or a dog, or in love with President McKinley..."
      Muerman -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      FREG was told they couldn't use Madison Jeffries because he was a property of the X-books. I doubt this new series had anything to do with the Jeffries ban.
      Why do the X-Books need Madison Jeffries when they could substitute him for Forge! Bring Madison Jeffries back to Alpha!
      Phil -
      My original thought was that Forge was the character intended to be used, but then Warren Ellis called dibs and killed him in Astonishing X-Men so Jeffries was substituted, however Jeffries being Canadian fits with the international team aspect and takes on the Wolverine role in the Giant Sized/All-New All-Different X-Men way that Beast assembled the X-Club.

Either way, I'm glad he was used.