• Alpha Flight #5 Preview at CBR

Comic Book Resources have an EXCLUSIVE 3 page preview of October's #5

Go visit CBR to see the pages in full

#5 Solicitation:

ALPHA FLIGHT #5

Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Pencils by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN

STRIKE VERSUS FLIGHT. As the traitorous Vindicator leads her team of villains, known as ALPHA STRIKE, against her former teammates, ALPHA FLIGHT embraces their outlaw status by joining forces with the mercenary TASKMASTER. Will the master of skill acquisition be able to train the team in the tactics necessary to take on the entire Canadian government? And even so, will partnering with such a compromised cohort reveal itself to be a pact with the devil? Marvel superstars Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente and Dale Eaglesham continue their stellar run with Marvel’s much-beloved band of heroes, ALPHA FLIGHT!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    (On Sale 10/12/11)
    Comments 10 Comments
      Alphan East -
      So impressed with the artwork of this series... Eaglesham really has a sense of how this team should look. Well done.
      DelBubs -
      Given his background I would summise that Puck and Taskmaster probably have some shared history. Whether Puck suggests Alpha go and see him remains to be seen.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      Given his background I would summise that Puck and Taskmaster probably have some shared history.
      Haven't we been told that? I thought I'd read it somewhere.

Also, it just occurs to me that Marvel have been using Taskmaster as a trainer for a while (mostly in The Initiative). Given his power-set, that makes no sense whatsoever; he's never had to train in his life.

- Le Messor
      "Talkers are no good doers."
      Wildcard -
      On sale Oct 12!!!! This is gonna be a loooong wait, sigh!
      EccentricSage -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
      So impressed with the artwork of this series... Eaglesham really has a sense of how this team should look. Well done.
      Same here. OMG, I wish they'd bring back some of the old Gamma members so they can be done some justice, too. I don't care if in many cases that means 'back from the dead'. Death never stops A-listers. So what about the under-dogs?
      batman_von_gein -
      does number 5 have a variant cover. couldn't find info anywhere
      Phil -
      Nope, the variants were just for the Fear Itself arc of #1-4.
      batman_von_gein -
      ok thanks. kinda liked the variants. lol
      Phil -
      Likewise.
      I *think* they were done while Dale had lead time on the series and was waiting for scripts, but I may have got that wrong.
      Now he's heavily at work on the series itself, just starting #7 according to his twitter!
      batman_von_gein -
      i'll miss them but it's better for a good story then variants