• Alpha Flight Becomes Ongoing! *UPDATED with video*

Announced today at Fan Expo's Pint O'CB Panel:

For those not at the panel, Marvel's Agent M just announced via his Twitter account:

Just announced at #fanexpocanada: ALPHA FLIGHT is now ongoing! Big ups to @fredvanlente, @gregpak, @daleeaglesham & crew!
    Video footage of the panel is available here.
    The Alpha Flight section starts at the 5:13 mark.

Following the panel is a brief video interview with Fred Van Lente & Dale Eaglesham, starting at the 52:00 mark.
    Details from that interview include:

• #5 Opens with Alpha Flight performing a bank heist.

For Marvel's article on the announcement check out http://marvel.com/news/story/16547/f...1_alpha_flight

For a CBR interview with Greg Pak & Fred Van Lente check out http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=34112

For Newsarama's interview with Pak & Van Lenre check out http://www.newsarama.com/comics/pak-...ht-110828.html

For MTV Geek's interview visit http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/31/...-series-status *CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR #3*
    Comments 63 Comments
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      I agree with this. Still fondly remembering the camaraderie of the West Coast Avengers at the beginning of its run.
      Weird... I never read the beginning of the run.
      Until last week.

Understanding your wanting for more, agreeing with it, but still happy about what we have got.
      I do agree that we should be supportive of this new title that - Anime GASP! - actually has Alpha Flight in it! Oh, sir, such a thing has not been done!
      (Uh, that comes across sarcastic as I read it... if it is, it's directed at v2, v3, and Omega, not at v4...)

Curious...were we all this happy (or not) about what we had, when the first couple of issues of Volume 2 came out? How about the first issues of Volume 3? How about the first issues of Omega Flight? Anybody remember?
      I remember when I first read v2 #1, in MacDonalds in Picadilly Circus with DelBubs (it was their copy). Good times!

I quickly became disillusioned with it, though. Hated the cartoonish art and the direction. I don't remember what I thought beforehand, though. Excited, I think.

I was just as disillusioned with v3 before it even came out; too many similarities in the way it was presented (my POV) for my tastes. (An Alpha Flight comic, without Alpha Flight. Cartoonish art. 'This is Alpha's last chance!' The creators coming to this forum and raving about what fans they were of the original - but not actually showing it, only telling. etc...)

Omega? I was sold on the artwork pretty quickly, and have always felt it did a decent job, for a non-Alpha Alpha comic.

Those were my feelings at the time, as I remember them, for what they're worth (actually, I'm sure they're posted somewhere around here. I didn't hold back on any of them).

So, having a new series with Dale Eaglesham's art and the actual team is really impressive!

we don't have EXACTLY what we want.
      And likely never will.
      They just don't write 'em like that anymore.
      More's the pity.

But, as a 'fan', I reserve the right to b*&ch.
      Yeah!
      Me, too!

- Le Messor
      "I'd love to, but none of my socks match."
      Flightpath07 -
      Mik, you ever getting out of that landslide you been stuck in? Reality is over-rated, I hear...
      Le Messor -
      Mik, you ever getting out of that landslide you been stuck in? Reality is over-rated, I hear...
      There is no escape! None I tells ya, none!
      Ooh 'exit'... what does that mean, I wonder?
      It's full of stars...

- Le Messor
      "Reality is for people who can't handle Star Trek."