• Alpha Flight Becomes Ongoing! *UPDATED with video*

Announced today at Fan Expo's Pint O'CB Panel:

For those not at the panel, Marvel's Agent M just announced via his Twitter account:

Just announced at #fanexpocanada: ALPHA FLIGHT is now ongoing! Big ups to @fredvanlente, @gregpak, @daleeaglesham & crew!
    Video footage of the panel is available here.
    The Alpha Flight section starts at the 5:13 mark.

Following the panel is a brief video interview with Fred Van Lente & Dale Eaglesham, starting at the 52:00 mark.
    Details from that interview include:

• #5 Opens with Alpha Flight performing a bank heist.

For Marvel's article on the announcement check out http://marvel.com/news/story/16547/f...1_alpha_flight

For a CBR interview with Greg Pak & Fred Van Lente check out http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=34112

For Newsarama's interview with Pak & Van Lenre check out http://www.newsarama.com/comics/pak-...ht-110828.html

For MTV Geek's interview visit http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/31/...-series-status *CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR #3*
    Comments 63 Comments
      Ben -
      If you build it...

congrats to the creative and editorial team on this book. They have succeeded where many others have not. We MUST not sit on our laurels now. Buzz must be maintained, sales must still be high, and new fans are always out there to be found. Keep buying an extra copy to give away, keep telling people about the book, and keep telling Marvel how you feel about it. This is something we have been longing for for so many years, let's not let it slip away!

Ben
      Duane V -
      Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
      if you build it...

Congrats to the creative and editorial team on this book. They have succeeded where many others have not. We must not sit on our laurels now. Buzz must be maintained, sales must still be high, and new fans are always out there to be found. Keep buying an extra copy to give away, keep telling people about the book, and keep telling marvel how you feel about it. This is something we have been longing for for so many years, let's not let it slip away!

Ben
      word.... Alpha flight rules
      Legerd -
      yes!
      bigbloo -
      Amazing news! Many, many thanks to the fantastic creative team and to everyone behind AlphaFlight.net and all the other Alpha-related sites for keeping the flame alive. You guys rock!!!
      Alpha Fan -
      Great news!!!

Happy that Marvel is aware of the quailty of the book. I hope Fred and Dale stay in the title for a long time!!! Thanks for making such a great AF comic book!!!
      Switchgearman -
      WOO HOO HOO!!!!

Fantastic news!!! The buying multiple copies seems to be paying off! I hope we can all sustain it.

I'm more excited by the fact it's a good read with good art. And the ORIGINAL AF!

DOUBLE WOO HOO HOO!!!

Let's keep up the pressure to make sure it doesn't get canned after a dozen or 2 issues of the run...
      rplass -
      HEAD EXPLODE!

This is great news!
      DelBubs -
      More Info. Also here
      Doc_Spectrum -
      Amazing news! Things are right in the world again!!!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Dana, I'm thinking that we should be clamoring for an appearance by Wolverine at least once per year. And Deadpool at least that often, as well. These are popular characters who might make sense to see pop up in Alpha Flight, and would be sure to get people who don't normally notice Alpha Flight doing so.

Maybe even some of those Wolverine appearances could be things that happened in the past, like that first class appearance he did with Alpha?
      I agree, FP.

Hercules might make a fun guest star too (considering Freg and Snowbird have experience with him)....I'd also like to see a crossover with the Avengers at some point (involving both books!)...Bendis need not be involved. Maybe another Fantastic Four team-up?

Dana

EDIT: Actually, Captain Britain (and Meggan?) could be an amazing guest appearance. That way Cap Brit gets more exposure (does England still play some role in Canada?).
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      More Info. Also here
      Holy Spit! That first article mentions the Avengers and Wolverine showing up! OOH!...And The Commonwealth of Heroes?

...And Captain Britain?! OMGAH!

Whoo-hooo!

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      I'd love to see even Whitman Knapp (perhaps depowered), working as a Doctor be a supporting character, maybe Heather's parents, and her hundreds of siblings (she probably has a ton of nieces and nephews now too)?...Alpha needs a bigger supporting cast, regardless (just having Kyle around doesn't cut it).

We've never seen Walt's son (who Byrne mentioned, and he is probably a teenager now), I'd also like to see Marrina's "family", the Smallwoods again. I'm hoping Freg will have Talisman as a cast member too at some point (she's a Byrne character too, Fred and Greg)...Elizabeth is such a great character (IMHO).

Dana

EDITED to add a bit more.
      batman_von_gein -
      i think i'm having a heart attack. this is the happiest of news. now i need to get a subscription. way to go marvel!!!!!!!!
      DelBubs -
      Pak & FVL @ Newsarama
      Sypes -
      Just got back from Fan Expo, where I had the chance to meet FVL, Dale Eaglesham and his beautiful wife Louise (whom I might have a little crush on right now!). They were so kind, even though it was Sunday afternoon after what must have been a long weekend for them! Check out my profile picture, which is the pic we all took together!
      Flightpath07 -
      does England still play some role in Canada?
      Yes, although the younger generation of Canadians seem to have little use or respect for Britain or the Queen or the monarchy in general, which I think is a real shame. Part of the Canadian heritage, it is, and should be treasured (Turkish Delight for everyone!).
      Flightpath07 -
      Sweet, Sypes!
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      I'd love to see even Whitman Knapp (perhaps depowered), working as a Doctor be a supporting character, maybe Heather's parents, and her hundreds of siblings (she probably has a ton of nieces and nephews now too)?...Alpha needs a bigger supporting cast, regardless (just having Kyle around doesn't cut it).

We've never seen Walt's son (who Byrne mentioned, and he is probably a teenager now), I'd also like to see Marrina's "family", the Smallwoods again. I'm hoping Freg will have Talisman as a cast member too at some point (she's a Byrne character too, Fred and Greg)...Elizabeth is such a great character (IMHO).
      Mini Spoiler?

B

E

L

O

W

an escalation of the rift between Guardian and Vindicator
      As i have said elsewhere...I don't see Heather being counted as a 'good guy' anytime in the near future. Nor, it seems, do Fred and Greg.

Looks like the 'outlaw status' and the 'evil Canadian government' storylines are going to last far beyond eight issues!

Cool...
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      maybe Heather's parents, and her hundreds of siblings (she probably has a ton of nieces and nephews now too)?...Alpha needs a bigger supporting cast, regardless (just having Kyle around doesn't cut it).
      Yeah, it'll be great if, now they have the time of an ongoing to do it in, they spend time on the Alphans' civilian lives. More than just JP, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Yes, although the younger generation of Canadians seem to have little use or respect for Britain or the Queen or the monarchy in general, which I think is a real shame.
      Yeah, we should never forget the Queen! Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, WE WILL ROCK YOU! / We Are The Champions...
      Lest we forget.

- Le Messor
      "I'd love to, but I'm waiting to see if I'm already a winner."
      Sypes -
      I agree on the bigger supporting cast. These people have life after they leave their "office jobs", so why not see a little of it I would also dig some sort of revelation that prior to the current Alpha Flight, there was previous teams fighting the good fight for Canada. I mean, the Great Beasts, The Master, Major Maple Leaf and Snowbird's God relatives all existed before the current Department H and Alpha Flight. So who was fighting the bad guys? Was there a previous version of Alpha Flight, now retired on the shores of Florida perhaps? Waiting for their government pension cheques to be deposited to their bank account?