• Alpha Flight Becomes Ongoing! *UPDATED with video*

Announced today at Fan Expo's Pint O'CB Panel:

For those not at the panel, Marvel's Agent M just announced via his Twitter account:

Just announced at #fanexpocanada: ALPHA FLIGHT is now ongoing! Big ups to @fredvanlente, @gregpak, @daleeaglesham & crew!
    Video footage of the panel is available here.
    The Alpha Flight section starts at the 5:13 mark.

Following the panel is a brief video interview with Fred Van Lente & Dale Eaglesham, starting at the 52:00 mark.
    Details from that interview include:

• #5 Opens with Alpha Flight performing a bank heist.

For Marvel's article on the announcement check out http://marvel.com/news/story/16547/f...1_alpha_flight

For a CBR interview with Greg Pak & Fred Van Lente check out http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=34112

For Newsarama's interview with Pak & Van Lenre check out http://www.newsarama.com/comics/pak-...ht-110828.html

For MTV Geek's interview visit http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/31/...-series-status *CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR #3*
    Comments 63 Comments
      varo -
      awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
      DelBubs -
      As it should be
      Alphan East -
      Hallelujah !!!
      Ahab -
      WAHOO!!!!! Happy Birthday to me!
      -K-M- -
      awesome!
      musicgeek -
      Yeah!
      sengsterooney -
      BEST

NEWS

EVER!!

(well, for me anyway).

Wow - this has blown me away. Since the maxi-series kicked off, I've been wondering if this might happen and not daring to really hope (given past track record).

It's really testament to the awesomeness and effort of the current creative team (Freg and Dale) and the respect they have for the characters, for fans and for the concept.

Geeze... I'm trembling a bit. This has been quite a pleasant shock!
      Phil -
      The panel's just ended, so as soon as Marvel.com have the video up, I'll update the article with a link & transcribe the juicy bits.
      Flightpath07 -
      Here's hoping Freg continue to come up with great ideas, and pull in more readers.

Congratulations to all of us!
      Sypes -
      That's amazing! Let's do our share into its success by promoting it to our friends, facebook, twitter, etc. Im buying several copies every month and giving them to my godsons as Christmas gifts so we get new readers. But, if you think of other ideas, let's share them!
      Mokole -
      Sweet bejeesus, hooray!
      Mokole -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      The panel's just ended, so as soon as Marvel.com have the video up, I'll update the article with a link & transcribe the juicy bits.
      Wow, now that I'm almost amongst the employed again and my daughter turning 4 tomorrow, things are really looking up!
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
      Wow, now that I'm almost amongst the employed again and my daughter turning 4 tomorrow, things are really looking up!
      Hey! 4 years old, the perfect time for an AF subscription! lol.
      DelBubs -
      Newsarama
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      HOLY CARP! That is great!!!

Dana

cmdrkoenig67 -
      I'd love to see some guest stars (like Wolverine and Madison) show up at some point. Maybe some villains that are Canadian, but have never fought the team (like Graviton, as many of us have suggested).

Dana
      Flightpath07 -
      Wild Child and Yukon Jack are at the top of my lists for guest appearances!
      Sypes -
      I'm totally ok with any of the old characters from any of the previous versions to come back, as long as it's written with the same attention as this serie is written. The "maturing" of Persuasion, for example, is totally working for me. She was an annoying teenager, who just got more interesting as an adult. Id love to see the same with Laura Dean for example.
      Flightpath07 -
      I'd love to see some guest stars (like Wolverine and Madison) show up at some point
      Dana, I'm thinking that we should be clamoring for an appearance by Wolverine at least once per year. And Deadpool at least that often, as well. These are popular characters who might make sense to see pop up in Alpha Flight, and would be sure to get people who don't normally notice Alpha Flight doing so.

Maybe even some of those Wolverine appearances could be things that happened in the past, like that first class appearance he did with Alpha?
      Sasquatch17 -
      awesome!!!! =d>