• Eaglesham Covers Captain America

Following on from last years Avengers #4 Variant by Phil Jimenez, this years Fan Expo Canada Exclusive is a Captain America #1 Variant by current Alpha Flight artist Dale Eaglesham.

Featuring most of the current line up along with fellow Canuck's Wolverine, Major Mapleleaf Snr & the AoA Wildchild, this limited edition variant is worthy addition to any Flight fan's collection.

Fan Expo is August 25-28th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
    Will you be there?

Official Press Release

Just in time for Fan Expo Canada 2011, Marvel is pleased to announce an all-new variant by superstar Canadian artist Dale Eaglesham on Captain America #1! The Sentinel of Liberty heads to the Great White North with this special variant for our loyal fans attending Fan Expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Center! No fan can miss out on this this special Canadian variant that will be available for purchase for only four days (August 25th-28th) at the Fan Expo Canada Exclusives Booth! Experience the first issue of Marvel’s explosive new series in true Canadian fashion this month, with the Captain America #1 Eaglesham Variant!

Can’t make it to the convention? Follow along on the Marvel Events App & events.marvel.com, the best way to get exclusive videos, real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!

Captain America #1 EAGLESHAM VARIANT
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Art by STEVE McNIVEN
    Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FOR SALE AT FAN-EXPO CANADA 2011

Comments 32 Comments
      Phil -
      LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

I can see I'm gonna haveta hope I can hunt one of these down from a retailer at NYCC!
      DelBubs -
      I hope there's nothing to be read into the fact I don't see Marinna?
      Wolfie -
      I just posted a full-sized version on our website!

http://www.daleeaglesham.com/compone...1-variant.html
      Mokole -
      Ok, cool!
      Sypes -
      Is that Major Maple Leaf and Wildchild on there? I saw it on facebook today and was thrilled!
      Flightpath07 -
      Whoa! Wild Child! Awesome!
      DIGGER -
      Love the fact that Puck has the WW2 version of Cap's shield.

DIGGER
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Whoa! Wild Child! Awesome!
      I knew you'd pick him out of the crowd!
      Sasquatch17 -
      Great cover!
      Flightpath07 -
      I knew you'd pick him out of the crowd!
      Should I read anything into Wild Child and Major Maple Leaf being on this cover? Perhaps Freg and/or Marvel-in-general has plans for them?
      Phil -
      I don't think it's connected to the series, just some additional Canadian characters.
      Just my thoughts though, so I may be wrong.
      Flightpath07 -
      Phil, you're an administrator; you're not even ALLOWED to be wrong! *shocked*
      Phil -
      Ha! I'm only an admin cos I'm never off the damn internet.
      I just click a mouse occasionally, any fool can do that.
      Flightpath07 -
      I had several cats that couldn't click a mouse for trying, and they are supposed to be born mousers!

Which is to say, you're more like an Asgardian to us mere mortals, than a fool.
      EccentricSage -
      I wonder why the artist chose that version of Wildchild? Are they going to use the dimension hopping exiles? Or did the artist use the wrong Wildchild by mistake?

Having the Exiles' AoA Wildchild wind up in Earth 616 is an interesting notion. Not the same as having the Earth 616 Wildchild back, though. Somebody really needs to retcon everything about Loeb's **** writing. Seriously.

Anyhow... Spiffy looking cover art.
      Phil -
      He's currently being used over in the pages of Uncanny X-Force (#11 & 12 so far), so it's time-relevant.
      EccentricSage -
      Ah, right. I was a bit confused by that, since they were in the AoA Earth... But I guess they could just bring the Exiles back home to 616 with them. XD I think it's going to take me awhile to figure out WTF happened to the Marvel Universe in my absence.
      DelBubs -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Ha! I'm only an admin cos I'm never off the damn internet.
      I just click a mouse occasionally, any fool can do that.
      Living proof right here.
      Ben -
      This is amazing! Anyone planning on going?
      Sypes -
      I'm in Toronto and do have a couple of geeky friends from waterpolo that might be interested in going too. Never been but always been intrigued by it all!