• Alpha Flight #5 Solicitation **Spoiler Sensitive**

ALPHA FLIGHT #5

Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Pencils by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    Solicited as #5, not #5 of 8 (See here for discussion )

STRIKE VERSUS FLIGHT. As the traitorous Vindicator leads her team of villains, known as ALPHA STRIKE, against her former teammates, ALPHA FLIGHT embraces their outlaw status by joining forces with the mercenary TASKMASTER. Will the master of skill acquisition be able to train the team in the tactics necessary to take on the entire Canadian government? And even so, will partnering with such a compromised cohort reveal itself to be a pact with the devil? Marvel superstars Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente and Dale Eaglesham continue their stellar run with Marvel’s much-beloved band of heroes, ALPHA FLIGHT!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    (On Sale 10/12/11)
    Comments 27 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      Alpha's lamest villain? Shouldn't that be Roger Bochs?!!
      Le Messor -
      Ooh! Viscous!
      I personally never saw anything heroic or super heroic in the ability to shot a gun...
      I like my heroes with powers which I don't possess, hence the reason I HATE Flash

Couple days late to the conversation but Northstar at super speed vectoring off, a logy a SPLAT while it might not be fatal sure did bring a smile to my face. Now let's replace said hocker with mouthful of seed...

The vectoring off is going to have to happen. I image it'd be like spitting into the wind while it would be hualing as soon as it left his mouth air friction would soon begin to slow it and then splat right in his own eye.

Time to e-mail mythbusters.
      Phil -
      Just a thought; have AF ever actually classed themselves, or at least referred to themselves, as superheroes?

If they're Canada's protectors then is the use of arms part of protecting the nation & it's people at any cost?

Not defending it, just playing devil's advocate.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Centurymanstillsucks View Post
      I like my heroes with powers which I don't possess, hence the reason I HATE Flash
      Uh, -- Gordon, or --, the Fastest Man Alive?
      'coz you probably don't got the power to get a Queen theme song! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Just a thought; have AF ever actually classed themselves, or at least referred to themselves, as superheroes?
      Not sure, it's something I'd probably gloss over without thinking about it; but:
      From the second origin story, called 'Purpose'
      (The Fantastic Four) ""Transformed into... What's this the paper calls them? Super Heroes! That's it!"
      At that moment James Hudson finds the one element missing from Department H. (...) Purpose!"

So, yeah, according to Mac their whole purpose was to be superheroes right from the beginning. In so many words.

- Le Messor
      "I'd love to, but I'm taking punk totem pole carving."
      DIGGER -
      [QUOTE=Le Messor;81724]Uh, -- Gordon, or --, the Fastest Man Alive?

Or maybe Thompson... but it couldn't be because he was a real jerk to Peter Parker.

DIGGER
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Uh, -- Gordon, or --, the Fastest Man Alive?
      Or maybe Thompson... but it couldn't be because he was a real jerk to Peter Parker.
      All the more reason for CMSS to hate him?