• *SPOILERS* Alpha Flight #2 Lettered Preview Online

Lettered Preview of #2 is online now.
    Usual Spoiler warnings apply.
    If you haven't read #1 yet and choose to click you have been warned, there are reveals here.

ALPHA FLIGHT #2
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    Alpha Flight... traitors??? After saving their country from the hammer-wielding XXXXX, The Flight are captured by the newly risen Unity Party and branded as traitors. Now they must escape from the bowels of the top-secret facility, Department H, they once called home. In doing so they must confront the shocking betrayal of one of their core members -- and discover an imprisoned hero readers have clamored to see since this series was announced! The red-hot writing team of Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente and artistic legend Dale Eaglesham continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of one of Marvel’s most beloved super hero teams in a story that absolutely cannot be missed!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

This article was originally published in forum thread: Alpha Flight #2 Lettered Preview at Comic Book Resources. started by DelBubs View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
      Phil -
      Yay, less than a week to go!

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      S

I love the reason given as to how Snowbird got taken down.
      A great touch!
      varo -
      sooo happy its out the 13th, not 27th!
      Wolfie -
      Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
      sooo happy its out the 13th, not 27th!
      I'd finally gotten around to changing the date to the 27th on our website... yesterday! And now they change it back. I don't get these people, I really don't, LOL!
      weaponAlpha -
      this looks great!!!
      Mokole -
      And I still await my 0.1 and #1, but I will get them.
      -K-M- -
      Looks incredible. The art and story look great, but a few issues................

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      S

as technically Mac only died for the first time in New Avengers #16, and gamma radiation? are they ignoring Tanaraq with Walter?

I liked the Neooqtoq reference, guess that confirms the real version is dead? Also not sure why that would stop Snowbird from transforming. Ranark must be the creepy ally that gave them the bone.
      DelBubs -
      Didn't he also die in X-Men Unlimited and bought back by Angel (?) Regarding Walter, theoretically it was the gamma radiation that breached the doorway between the Realm of the Beasts and this plain, thus Sasquatch was a creation of Gamma Radiation, though not in the standard sense. Reaching, but...
      -K-M- -
      I dont think he did, he was close to death, but if Angel's blood could bring people back from the dead they would use it far more then not.

Oh I know Walter wanted to repeat the process that made the Hulk, but thats a pretty big reach. Still I can't complain to much, as its not like Loeb's awful Lupine mess.
      Canucklehead -
      Well... there goes my theory that

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      S

the freckled, frizzy haired red head that zapped Mac at the end of #1 (that wasn't brainwashed, a robot nor alien) was their rapidly aged daughter.
      I honestly thought the freckled, frizzy-haired-woman that didn't technically admit she was heather, was an indication that she and Heather were two different beings, even mother and rapidly aged daughter. I just found it funny that the freckles and frizzy hair coincided with the volatile personality.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      as technically Mac only died for the first time in New Avengers #16
      Legally he would have been declared dead after Vol.1 #12
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Legally he would have been declared dead after Vol.1 #12
      True, but Mac said he "literally died twice" for the nation. I think he did die in the X-men Annual, as far as medical science was concerned, and Angel's blood brought him back. According to his wiki entry, Angel's healing blood can only be used on people with the same blood type as Warren's, and its effectiveness varies.
      As the result of a secondary mutation which has been shown inconsistently, Archangel also develops a healing factor and can heal others by mixing his blood with theirs, provided they have a matching blood type to Warren's. Although powerful, this mutation varies in potency. At times, he cannot aid the terminally wounded; at others, he can actually raise the recently dead.
      Probably FVL and Pak are going with this explanation when they had Mac say what he did.
      -K-M- -
      Wiki isn't the best source for accurate information.

Did Angel have an entry in the recent handbook? I haven't picked that one up, but I will see if they mentioned anything in the past ones.

EDIT:

The Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #5: Guardian entry
      "...Hudson donned an experimental exo-suit to prevent Jiroult from killing Heather and his unborn child. Hudson was later healed by the" X-Man Archangel and was reunited..." (That entry left it vague)

EDIT 2:

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: X-Men 2005: Angel entry
      "Since his second mutation, Archangel can heal fatal injuries and cure most known diseases at an aceelerated speed by mixing his blood with that of the victims, so long as they have a compatible blood type" (yeah this entry says he can heal fatal injuires not the deceased, unless a recent entry says otherwise I highly doubt he brought Mac from the dead)
      Sasquatch17 -
      I love how Guardian is now more Canada's Captain America and less a scientist in a suit.

I really like

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      S

Vindicator as a villan.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      The Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #5: Guardian Entry
      "...Hudson donned an experimental exo-suit to prevent Jiroult from killing Heather and his unborn child. Hudson was later healed by the" X-Man Archangel and was reunited..." (That entry left it vague)
      It was the previous line that got my attention: "Restored to life with the help of Shaman's ancestor spirits"
      Not really sure how to take that...
      -K-M- -
      It was the previous line that got my attention: "Restored to life with the help of Shaman's ancestor spirits"
      Not really sure how to take that...
      I just edited my post with Angel's bio and it doesn't mention he can bring back the deceased (unless a new entry says otherwise?). Well technically I've heard people who were in a coma and reawoken said they were restored to life *shrugs*
      DIGGER -
      Why would they have given the baby to a distant cousin when Heather had said that she came from a family with lots of kids.
      Wouldn't child services give her to a sibling of Heather's and not a distant cousin? Not trying to be nitpicky but...
      Anyway the story is playing out nicely and the artwork is sublime.

DIGGER
      Flightpath07 -
      Salivating. And really liking the way Heather is drawn, the freckles and whatnot give her an "earthy" feel, like a farmer or something. girl next door look. So we get the "cute but not model-like" Heather, and the "oh-my-word, what-a-beautiful-butt" Vindicator - love it!
      suzene -
      Oh, man. They're really not pulling any punches with the

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      S

"Heather betrays Alpha Flight" angle. All they need to do now is reveal that she was responsible for getting Eugene locked up in the first place...
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
      Wouldn't child services give her to a sibling of Heather's and not a distant cousin?
      You're presuming that a)Heather's siblings would want the child, and that b)they'd be able to provide a suitable, stable, happy and safe life for the child.
      DelBubs -
      You're presuming that a)Heather's siblings would want the child, and that b)they'd be able to provide a suitable, stable, happy and safe life for the child.
      On your second point Phil, it wouldn't take a corrupt Gov much to say, "Heathers immediate family knew about her and Macs dangerous occupations and did nothing to dissuade them. That's why we will be putting the child with a distant cousin". Nice bargaining chip, which Cody seems to have used.