• *SPOILERS* Alpha Flight #2 Lettered Preview Online

Lettered Preview of #2 is online now.
    Usual Spoiler warnings apply.
    If you haven't read #1 yet and choose to click you have been warned, there are reveals here.

ALPHA FLIGHT #2
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    Alpha Flight... traitors??? After saving their country from the hammer-wielding XXXXX, The Flight are captured by the newly risen Unity Party and branded as traitors. Now they must escape from the bowels of the top-secret facility, Department H, they once called home. In doing so they must confront the shocking betrayal of one of their core members -- and discover an imprisoned hero readers have clamored to see since this series was announced! The red-hot writing team of Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente and artistic legend Dale Eaglesham continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of one of Marvel’s most beloved super hero teams in a story that absolutely cannot be missed!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

This article was originally published in forum thread: Alpha Flight #2 Lettered Preview at Comic Book Resources. started by DelBubs View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
      Legerd -
      Okay, the official word is: Mac is referring to AF #12 Vol 1, and NA #16 when he says he's died twice. So sayeth the Fred.
      Alpha Rider -
      He's missing out the events of AF #97-100 where he died (again). Or did he really died that time? Or the time he almost died in AF vol2 #1 or did he die in that one as well. Bloody 'ell, I'm so confused now.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      AAWWWWWWWW....Baby Hudson is named Claire (after Heather's mom)...Cute! There's a Kryptonite for Snowbird?

Dana
      -K-M- -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
      He's missing out the events of AF #97-100 where he died (again). Or did he really died that time? Or the time he almost died in AF vol2 #1 or did he die in that one as well. Bloody 'ell, I'm so confused now.
      Nope he didn't die in #97-100 as the Master found him floating in space and revealed him in AF #129-130

He almost died n vol.2, but he didn't actually die. He never officially died as in pass into the afterlife until New Avengers #16...everything else was him being presumed to be killed, but wasn't.
      Alpha Rider -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Nope he didn't die in #97-100 as the Master found him floating in space and revealed him in AF #129-130

He almost died n vol.2, but he didn't actually die. He never officially died as in pass into the afterlife until New Avengers #16...everything else was him being presumed to be killed, but wasn't.
      See what happens in comic books throughout the 90's kids. It F***s you up.
      bigbloo -
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      There's a Kryptonite for Snowbird?

Dana
      Yeah, I'm not too happy about this concept. It doesn't "feel" right that one of the Great Beasts would be able to block Narya's shapeshifting ability. Does this also cancel out all of her other powers? Super strength? Flight? She should still have been able to escape or smash the Box if it only canceled out her shape-shifting.
      -K-M- -
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

She transformed into this Great Beast in Hercules, so technically wouldnt she not be able to if just a bone fragement prevents her from shifting? Ranark must have done a spell on it.
      Guardian98 -
      Looks awesome, cannot wait!!!

Guardian ftw!!!
      Guardian98 -
      Today is the day it comes out!!!!
      Phil -
      Yup!

I should have a spoiler-light review and spoiler free thread up in the next few hrs, workload permitting.
      -K-M- -
      Got it as well as the variant cover
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Legally he would have been declared dead after Vol.1 #12
      Wasn't the fact that he wasn't kind of a plot point? Heather couldn't prove he was dead, so couldn't get benefits.

- Le Messor
      (singing)
      Tanya: It's do or die!
      Buffy (accurately) : Hey, I've died twice!