• Paniccia Orders an Alpha Strike

Comic Book Resources have released an interview with Alpha Flight Volume 4 editor Mark Paniccia, giving more information on Alpha Strike, the Government team created to take down Alpha Flight as hinted in the #4 Variant Cover.

Actual members are revealed, including the spoiler to #1, so this carries a strong spoiler warning.

This interview also reveals a first look at cover artist Carlo Pagulayan's cover to #5

Comments 18 Comments
      maniac mike -
      So the mystery still stands as who the silhouetted woman is...
      -K-M- -
      Well as I predicted it is Ranark the Ravenger...but Taskmaster? well...didnt predict that
      bigbloo -
      Wow, Dale's pencils are really awesome...

And after this interview, I'm definitely looking forward to the Strike-Flight throwdown. It looks like it will be epic.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

But wait, Alpha Flight with guns? Does that mean... depowered????
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Well as I predicted it is Ranark the Ravenger...
      Dude! You're two for two so far including when you predicted the arctic dinosaur form of Snowbird! Nice pickup!
      -K-M- -
      Well Im probably wrong for my prediction on who will be the shadowy figure.
      DIGGER -
      Perhaps the woman in shadow is Courtney...or Diamond Lil!

DIGGER
      -K-M- -
      I thought Diamond Lil, but more likely its Aurora.
      DelBubs -
      Sorry, I must be missing something. Task Master? I'm having difficulty finding that reference. Help please.
      Phil -
      He's in the cover to #5 that's shown, mate.
      I guess that's in reference to the "However, the remaining Alphans reach out to some unusual allies of their own. " part of the #5 solicit.
      It's a shame to lose Jimenez, but that Pagulayan cover is pretty sweet... ALTHOUGH I hate the idea of the team using guns, apart from Puck for some reason.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Well as I predicted it is Ranark the Ravenger...but Taskmaster? well...didnt predict that
      I'm pretty sure I called this one
      DelBubs -
      Cheers Phil, hadn't really looked at the cover fully. Same as you, not to sure about AF with weapons, seems redundant, but just who is the young lady to the right of Mac?

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

S
      P
      A
      C
      E

So if that's Aurora, running with Alpha that narrows down the shadowy figure on the cover to #4 as either Lil or Talisman. I opt for Talisman due to FVL's tweet recently.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      but just who is the young lady to the right of Mac?
      Marrina isn't it?
      Phil -
      As to AF's ally as shown in the cover to #5 it was hinted here.

“I’m not sure about solo stories, but you may see him and Mercedes turn up in an unusual place…

“Like Canada…” he says with a cheeky grin and a nod towards his ‘Canadian Avengers’ Alpha Flight series, launching this week with a Point One issue with co-writer Greg Pak as a Fear Itself tie in. Nothing like a bit of shameless self promotion!
      DelBubs -
      Definately not on my game today. Yep that's Marinna. Cheers again
      varo -
      i wonder why jimenez's covers only ran through #4? wouldn't that indicate those covers were drawn a while ago since he left exclusively for dc a few months ago.
      Phil -
      Correct as far as I've read.
      weaponAlpha -
      is that a wendigo or snowbird/sasquatch?
      DelBubs -
      That's Wendigo, again, probably controlled by Purple Woman?