• Marvel activate... Alpha Strike?! *SPOILERS*

Marvel have issued a press release revealing the full variant to Issue 4.
    Spoilers follow below...

ALPHA FLIGHT #4 (of 8 )
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    The fight against the Flight continues! As our heroes fight to survive their own country hunting them down the traitorous Vindicator creates a team of her own, gathering a group of former enemies of Alpha Flight into the deadly ALPHA STRIKE! However, the remaining Alphans reach out to some unusual allies of their own. Marvel All-Stars Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, along with artist extraordinaire Dale Eaglesham, continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of the fan favorite title, ALPHA FLIGHT!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

There's still one shadowy female in the background... who will it be?
    Comments 26 Comments
      -K-M- -
      Oh I bet it's Diamond Lil now.
      varo -
      yeah, either diamond lil, who fvl retweeted a queation about, or aurora. defitanetly not talisman.
      DelBubs -
      I think Phil got it right on his Tweet when he mentioned the cover to #3. The other Aurora. Two super types for the price of one.
      bigbloo -
      Just for fun, let's enumerate all the other female Alpha Flight characters...

Stitch
      Nemesis
      Witchfire
      Laura Dean
      Murmur
      Ghost Girl
      Puck 2/Zusha Yu
      Arachne

Girls can grow their hair long, so I don't think we are only limited to the long haired ones...

Personally I think Witchfire is cool, but then, I doubt the silhouette could hide the horns...

I would also like to know what happened to Stitch and Nemesis.
      -K-M- -
      Aurora is a great choice too...hmmmm...i like that.
      musicgeek -
      I am guessing a third personality for Aurora. Cause what is better than one big betrayal? Two! Think of Northstar's and Sasquatch's reactions. Plus, why else would be she be in shadows?
      varo -
      the hand on the hip could be a dead give away. i can see aurora standing like that, not diamond lil. no way fvl goes that far back to stitch or laura, i think he's more of a byrne run fan (although purple girl was afterwrds)

i still want to know who is going to control the wendigo.
      DelBubs -
      I still want to know who is going to control the wendigo
      Bear Grylls
      -K-M- -
      hmmmmm.....

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0...-lil_large.jpg

http://www.alphaflight.net/alphanex/...amond_lil1.jpg
      ------
      Aurora seems like a better choice for more impact though
      Legerd -
      It's Aurora. The cover of #3 hints at a bad personality coming out. She'll definitely be a wild card if she flips between personalities though. Anyone know who deer skull guy is? Don't believe I've seen him before.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
      It's Aurora. The cover of #3 hints at a bad personality coming out. She'll definitely be a wild card if she flips between personalities though. Anyone know who deer skull guy is? Don't believe I've seen him before.
      My guess is Ranarck the Ravager from the Marvel Two-In-One issues Fred hinted at.
      suzene -
      I'm hoping for Diamond Lil...even evil is better than 'fridged and put under glass!
      Guardian -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      Bear Grylls
      Actually, Bear would probably try and eat him. That man has eaten some nasty stuff
      -K-M- -
      Yeah I bet its Ranark as well, but its most likely going to be a depowered Ranark though.
      varo -
      km, now that i see those, it may very well be diamond lil which would be awesome!
      bigbloo -
      I grew to love the Diamond Lil character as well, and hope they bring her back. That issue with her getting breast cancer really humanized her.
      Sypes -
      I re-read last night the 0.1 and #1 issues of AF. It stuck me that Heather is clearly obssessed by the "lost" of her daugther. But I was especially struck by Jenny, the little girl she saves from the tsunamy. Jenny has red hair and could be the same age as Heather's daughter would be. And as she rescues Jenny, Heather says something like "don't worry, you'll see your Mommy soon". Could Jenny be her daugther? Could she have made a deal with Cody to help her get her daughter back somehow? And aligned with Persuasion just as a "back up plan" in case Cody changes his mind? And if we agree that the unknown Alpha Strike member is Aurora, I would say that it's perhaps Jeanne-Marie that would be surfacing since she was given for adoption too, and could relate to Heather's goals.... thoughts?
      Phil -
      Looking at the preview pages for #2 here Jenny's not her daughter.

I'd definitely say her daughter is the reason behind whatever's going on with her alliance with Cody though.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      I too would love it to be Lil, but I think it's more likely to be Aurora.

Dana
      DelBubs -
      I'm going for Talisman. Perfect opportunity for Shaman v Talisman 2