• Alpha Flight video at Marvel.com

Alpha Flight features in Episode 28 of Marvel's 'The Watcher' giving a quick guide to the team for anyone new to it.

http://marvel.com/news/story/16125/w...flight_is_back

Not a bad video if you're completely new to Alpha Flight.

It's nice to see Marvel really push this new series. Has Alpha Flight ever gotten this much publicity in the past?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Alpha Flight video at Marvel.com started by sylum69 View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      DelBubs -
      From what I read on various sites, the Tsúùt'ínà now consider the term 'Sarcee' as offensive. It was a 'Blackfoot' term meaning 'stubborn ones'.
      bigbloo -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      From what I read on various sites, the Tsúùt'ínà now consider the term 'Sarcee' as offensive. It was a 'Blackfoot' term meaning 'stubborn ones'.
      In that case, I think Micheal should started referring to himself as a Tsúùt'ínà Shaman. I wonder of Pak and Van Lente have heard of this.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Let's tell them!

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      Yeah...When John Byrne originally used the term in Alpha Flight, I believe it was an accepted term (at least to the general public). As in the past, Eskimo was an accepted term for Inuit peoples (even though many of us didn't understand the words' origins/meanings and that they were offensive).

I'm all for the ignorance of the past being set right.

Dana
      Le Messor -
      'Twoyoungmen' as a real last name - the real last name of the real medicine man, iirc - was mentioned in the v1 letters column. No, I don't know where.

I didn't like the bimbo in the video (there's no other word for how she comes across in that video - even if in real life she has a degree in astrophysics or something).

She was too much of a 'all our readers are teenage boys who only like blondes with vast... tracts of land...' type. Trying too hard, and a bit condescending.
      As has been pointed out, saying Puck was original but Marrina was not... bluh.

- Le Messor
      "There is no way to completely define your terms and ground your references."