• Alpha Flight video at Marvel.com

Alpha Flight features in Episode 28 of Marvel's 'The Watcher' giving a quick guide to the team for anyone new to it.

http://marvel.com/news/story/16125/w...flight_is_back

Not a bad video if you're completely new to Alpha Flight.

It's nice to see Marvel really push this new series. Has Alpha Flight ever gotten this much publicity in the past?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Alpha Flight video at Marvel.com started by sylum69 View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      rplass -
      Cute blonde delivering rapid fire OHOTMU blurbs on the Alphans. Love it! Yeah, some of the images were mixed up but only a little. Note how they used the Alpha Flight Classic pages for Guardian's images and likely used the new X-Men/Alpha Flight book for Shaman (or is it Shayman - I say Shayman)?

I especially like how she emphasized the K in LangKowski.

Marry me?
      Ben -
      I'm not too concerned with a few minor errors, let's face it, this is more effort Marvel is putting into AF...and that's a good thing!
      Pex -
      Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
      Shaman (or is it Shayman - I say Shayman)?
      SHAH-min, kinda like omen. Sorta.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Her information about Puck being an original member of Alpha is wrong, though. Shah-min is acceptable, but also Shay-min/Shayman (I've heard the word pronounced this way by British folks).

Dana
      Phil -
      Yeah, I tend to lean towards Shay-mun.
      Alpha Rider -
      Shay-mon, Sha-man, Sha-men, Sha-na-na, Sham-on-us for letting this thing go so far.
      bigbloo -
      This is why I call him Michael.
      Pex -
      I dunno, I hear Michael, and I always hear it in K.I.T.T.'s voice from Knight Rider
      bigbloo -
      There's always Dr Twoyoungmen. Or Dr T. Or Mickey T.
      Pex -
      Or "Hey, you, the guy with the leather manpurse!"
      DIGGER -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
      I dunno, I hear Michael, and I always hear it in K.I.T.T.'s voice from Knight Rider
      Which, coincidentally (or not), was also the voice of a DOCTOR on St. Elsewhere... though not Dr. Twoyoungmen unfortunately.

DIGGER
      Pex -
      I would just like to point out that I have only, at just this second, realized what a silly-sounding last name Twoyoungmen is. Wowzers, how did I not notice this before?
      Alpha Rider -
      I would just like to point out that I have only, at just this second, realized what a silly-sounding last name Twoyoungmen is. Wowzers, how did I not notice this before?
      Are you implying something?
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      it's a real Tsúùt'ínà(Sarcee) family name...John Byrne chose it for that reason.

Dana
      Pex -
      Not implying anything (this time, though I can and do imply things on occasion), I just thought it sounded funny. It's interesting that it's a real name though. I honestly would never have guessed it.
      Alpha Rider -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      it's a real Tsúùt'ínà(Sarcee) family name...John Byrne chose it for that reason.

Dana
      Where did you get this info? I never heard of this.
      DIGGER -
      Not as bad as Runningwithscissors. But yes the names do have familial meanings. The same can be said for early europeans as well. The last name often indicated that persons occupation ie:Baker, Smith, etc.

DIGGER
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
      Where did you get this info? I never heard of this.
      I believe Mr Byrne had said he got the name from a former chief of the Sarcee. A search of certain sites in Alberta proves it's a Sarcee name (I'll PM you about it).

Dana

BTW: If anybody else is interested in researching the name, please fell free to PM me.
      bigbloo -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post

Dana
      Tsu... Shu... Tzkhu... and here we are arguing over how to pronounce Shaman...
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      It is a bit of a tongue-twister, isn't it? LOL. The Tsúùt'ínà is the real name for the tribe...The name Sarcee is the name given to them by others.

Dana