• September 2011 Solicits **BIG SPOILER FOR #1** *UPDATED*

Marvel has updated it's catalog of items shipping in September

Updated with #4 full Variant cover from Comic Book Resources. Possible Spoilers.

If you choose to have #1 Spoiled, highlight the whited-out text.

ALPHA FLIGHT #4 (of 8 )
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    The fight against the Flight continues! As our heroes fight to survive their own country hunting them down the traitorous Vindicator creates a team of her own, gathering a group of former enemies of Alpha Flight into the deadly ALPHA STRIKE! However, the remaining Alphans reach out to some unusual allies of their own. Marvel All-Stars Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, along with artist extraordinaire Dale Eaglesham, continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of the fan favorite title, ALPHA FLIGHT!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Listed for release on 28th September is Alpha Flight Classic Volume 2

ALPHA FLIGHT CLASSIC VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by JOHN BYRNE & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    John Byrne writes and draws Alpha Flight’s early adventures! See such unlikely heroes as Puck, Sasquatch, Northstar and Guardian take on the threats of the Super-Skrull, Omega Flight, the Master of the World and the Plodex! Plus: Alpha Flight origins, Marrina falls in love with Namor, and a team member’s death! And not one, but two takes on the classic X-Men adventure in which Weapon Alpha tried to take Wolverine back to Canada! Collecting ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #9-19 and X-MEN (1963) #109.
    296 PGS./All Ages …$29.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-3125-0

Full Solicits Available at:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32779
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...ns-110614.html
    Comments 28 Comments
      Phil -
      Dale's Variants get better & better!

I'm loving that Alpha Strike team.
      And I called at least part of it.

I wonder who the unusual allies are?!
      DaVeO -
      Ahhhh my eyes! I got spoiled!!!!!!! What's the point of making the traitor into a silhouette on the cover if you're going to name the traitor in the solicit? Stupid solicit editor person.
      Phil -
      Have edited it now Dave.
      So sorry mate. I skim read it.
      Ben -
      that's really crappy that they did that, adding a spoiler note now!
      DelBubs -
      Thing is, are Alpha Strike on the government side. If so then that's a big change of mind by Purple Woman and Citadel. Talisman never struck me as a government type. (Where is she in that pic?) We know the person in silhoette and I assume that's Wendigo or Yeti. Any hint as to who the purple controlled fella is? It would seem obvious who it is, but obvious hasn't always been the case with comics.
      varo -
      i called it!!!!

sucks they ruin it before it comes out, although i couldn't wait. btw, how is anyone going to control a wendigo?
      suzene -
      FINALLY, a second volume of AF Classic. That has got to be one of the most homaged covers at Marvel (right up there with Byrne's Days of Future Past cover).

Unfortunately, spoiler solits aren't all that uncommon, but it still stinks when they blow reveals like this. But kudos to Pak and Van Lente for playing it straight with the traitor business.
      Phil -
      If only it had come out last week like originally planned
      swh_comicguy -
      Thanks for spoiling the ending of issue #1 Marvel! What dumb a$$e$!

Maybe if they could meet their original solicitation ship dates (Alpha Flight #1 June 8, 2011), they wouldn't have ruined it for all of us!

I was just reading through Marvel's solicitations for September 2011, clicked on the awesome covers for Alpha Flight #4 then unfortunately read the text!
      varo -
      pak and van lente did NOT play it straight with us........they told us the traitor was

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

SPACE

a HE. liars!!!!

mvranas -
      Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
      I was just reading through Marvel's solicitations for September 2011, clicked on the awesome covers for Alpha Flight #4 then unfortunately read the text!
      i did the exact same! :S
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
      Thing is, are Alpha Strike on the government side. If so then that's a big change of mind by Purple Woman and Citadel. Talisman never struck me as a government type. (Where is she in that pic?) We know the person in silhoette and I assume that's Wendigo or Yeti. Any hint as to who the purple controlled fella is? It would seem obvious who it is, but obvious hasn't always been the case with comics.
      Oooooh is the fella Ravager?
      That would be the 2-in-1 connection!

And as to Talisman, I meant I was part right in that Purple Woman was on the team.
      DelBubs -
      The Ravager having to be controlled by Kara makes sense, but a bit of a issue if she gets knocked out in battle
      varo -
      so is kara controlling wendigo also?
      Wolfie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Dale's Variants get better & better!

I'm loving that Alpha Strike team.
      And I called at least part of it.

I wonder who the unusual allies are?!
      If you like this variant, you'll like the "real" version a whole lot more. The traitor is blocked out here, but with the full head on there, the cover is STUNNING. If I may say so very objectively.
      Phil -
      I can't wait to see it!
      suzene -
      Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
      pak and van lente did NOT play it straight with us........they told us the traitor was

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

SPACE

a HE. liars!!!!

A lot of folks still use 'he' as a gender-neutral pronoun, so I didn't really think that was an indication of the actual sex/gender of the traitor, especially considering that AF has/has had a significant number of female members. It just didn't make sense that they'd narrow the possible options down that far.

But I meant playing it straight in that the traitor actually is a long-time member of Alpha Flight with a lot of history with and emotional ties to the team, and not someone who was with the team for twenty seconds back in the 90's. There doesn't appear to be a cop-out here, no bait-and-switch. The Flight is a family*, one of their own has stabbed them in the back, and whatever issues I may have with the choice of character for that role, I appreciate that the writers didn't pull that particular punch. This is is going to hurt.

*Of course, when I think of AF in terms of family, I'm thinking more in terms of the kind of family from this quote from Homicide: Life on the Street

Tim: Those guys are like a family. I have never, ever felt that in Homicide. We may be the best, the elite, but we are not a family.
      Frank: Yes, we are. But we're like a real family. Opinionated, argumentative, holding grudges, challenging each other. We push each other to be better than we are. That kind of thing doesn't happen at barbecues or ball games.
      Ben -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
      If you like this variant, you'll like the "real" version a whole lot more. The traitor is blocked out here, but with the full head on there, the cover is STUNNING. If I may say so very objectively.
      Well, I guess AF.net will have to try and get the first publication of that full cover after #1 has been out for a bit
      DaVeO -
      Thing that really bothers me, is that the traitor didn't even have to named in that solicit. Could have just said "the traitorous Alphan makes a team of his/her own." And Marvel was doing so good regarding this release too.

Ah well, I won't dwell on it, the real story will be in why it was this person and how it came to this.
      Ahab -
      And in less than 24 hours, it wouldn't have been a big deal for many of us. Balls.