• September 2011 Solicits **BIG SPOILER FOR #1** *UPDATED*

Marvel has updated it's catalog of items shipping in September

Updated with #4 full Variant cover from Comic Book Resources. Possible Spoilers.

If you choose to have #1 Spoiled, highlight the whited-out text.

ALPHA FLIGHT #4 (of 8 )
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    The fight against the Flight continues! As our heroes fight to survive their own country hunting them down the traitorous Vindicator creates a team of her own, gathering a group of former enemies of Alpha Flight into the deadly ALPHA STRIKE! However, the remaining Alphans reach out to some unusual allies of their own. Marvel All-Stars Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, along with artist extraordinaire Dale Eaglesham, continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of the fan favorite title, ALPHA FLIGHT!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Listed for release on 28th September is Alpha Flight Classic Volume 2

ALPHA FLIGHT CLASSIC VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by JOHN BYRNE & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    John Byrne writes and draws Alpha Flight’s early adventures! See such unlikely heroes as Puck, Sasquatch, Northstar and Guardian take on the threats of the Super-Skrull, Omega Flight, the Master of the World and the Plodex! Plus: Alpha Flight origins, Marrina falls in love with Namor, and a team member’s death! And not one, but two takes on the classic X-Men adventure in which Weapon Alpha tried to take Wolverine back to Canada! Collecting ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #9-19 and X-MEN (1963) #109.
    296 PGS./All Ages …$29.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-3125-0

Full Solicits Available at:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32779
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...ns-110614.html
    Comments 28 Comments
      -K-M- -
      If that is indeed Ranark, Purple Woman must have gotten a serious boost in power or Ranark must be depowered.
      rplass -
      Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
      Thing that really bothers me, is that the traitor didn't even have to named in that solicit. Could have just said "the traitorous Alphan makes a team of his/her own." And Marvel was doing so good regarding this release too.

Ah well, I won't dwell on it, the real story will be in why it was this person and how it came to this.
      Excellent post, DaVeO. Exactly what I was thinking. If we had a post of the week award, you'd get it.

Yeah Marvel, don't sabotage this series with solicits like this!
      bigbloo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
      If you like this variant, you'll like the "real" version a whole lot more. The traitor is blocked out here, but with the full head on there, the cover is STUNNING. If I may say so very objectively.
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

(spoiler-y speculation to be revealed when you highlight...)

Wait, if her head is the one in the foreground, that means there is another long haired female on the team that hasn't been revealed, one with long hair. Correlating this with a certain Guardian and Snowbird smackup scene in one of the interviews, then I'm betting that Aurora will be in Alpha Strike as well!

Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

(spoiler-y speculation to be revealed when you highlight...)

Wait, if her head is the one in the foreground, that means there is another long haired female on the team that hasn't been revealed, one with long hair. Correlating this with a certain Guardian and Snowbird smackup scene in one of the interviews, then I'm betting that Aurora will be in Alpha Strike as well!

My first thought was that it was:

Talisman, but you could well be right with that.
      Phil -
      Alpha Flight Classic Vol.2 is in stores now!
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Alpha Flight Classic Vol.2 is in stores now!
      Phil, Mik will never find this information buried way over here!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Phil, Mik will never find this information buried way over here!
      Sad that that's true.

Ah, I thought so... this is a thread from June, when I was travelling! That's how I missed it.
      That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

- Le Messor
      "If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married."
      ~ Deuteronomy 24:5
      Flightpath07 -
      "If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married."
      ~ Deuteronomy 24:5
      After that, he should leave home as much as possible; by then, it is this that will bring his wife happiness.

NOT that i am trying to add to the Bible.